PDA

View Full Version : Administrative Changes

Keith Outten
03-14-2004, 9:29 AM
Effective immediately Aaron Koehl will be assuming my position as the Administrator of SawMill Creek. I have given Aaron full authority and responsibility for SMC and I believe he is capable of taking us light-years beyond my final destination. Aaron is young, has plenty of energy and excellent judgment and with his programming skills will make an excellent Manager for SawMill Creek.

I will remain the Moderator for the Laser Woodworking Forum and hopefully be able to be more active in the Freedom Pens Project. For the last year I have been unable to attend to my part time business and I hope to find time in my new schedule to market my workshop and laser engraving services. My poor web site has fallen into such disrepair it will have to be scrapped and rebuilt, this will be a high priority activity.

I appreciate everyone's help through our first year and look forward to the decades to come. Aaron is aware of the goals I have had for SMC and will continue to work in the same direction, to move us beyond being just a Woodworking Forum and to extend our reach higher that we all felt we could go.

All email to webmaster @sawmillcreek is now being answered by Aaron and Jackie will continue to assist Aaron answering mail and attending to individual registrations.

Thanks to Everyone for your support through my tenure here at SMC.

Keith Outten

Richard Gillespie
03-14-2004, 9:44 AM
Best wishes to you in your new endeavors. I've previously expressed my appreciation for all you have done in establishing this forum and do so again. I'm sure we'll still be hearing from you from time to time.

Rick Gillespie

Glenn Clabo
03-14-2004, 9:47 AM
Keith,
I fully understand your decision. You have done an amazing job in just one year! I truly believe that most people who use forums like SMC don't understand how difficult it is to deal with all the issues that come with it. Do it...is very different than doing it well. And doing it very well you have.

I'm looking forward to seeing you grow that workshop and getting your talents out there. Someday I hope to meet you in person.

Now for Aaron...Big shoes to fill. Good luck! May deep breathes keep your head above the rough seas.

Jeff Skory
03-14-2004, 10:30 AM
Keith,

I have only been a member of this forum for a few months and I have to say this is a GREAT place. Having helped coach my sons hockey teams in years past I know that there is one heck of a lot of effort involved behind the scenes that often goes unappreciated.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!! for creating such a wonderful little virtual world for us to interact in.

And another big thank you for continuing to provide the server for this forum.

Joe Suelter
03-14-2004, 11:09 AM
Good luck Keith, and thank you once again for providing us a place to gather. I have gained so much knowledge here in the past year than I probably wouldn't have gained in a lifetime! I also would like to welcome Aaron as our new leader, I'm sure he will do a fantastic job, as you have done. Thank you SMC.

Kent Cori
03-14-2004, 11:17 AM
Keith,

I too want to extend my heartfelt thanks for all your hard work setting up SMC and keeping us on track for this first year. I can only imagine how much thought and work you've put into the forum. We all owe you an immense debt for the sacrifices you've made and will continue to make on our behalf.

And Aaron, thank you for taking on your new role. We'll all try to make your life as easy as possible but if we inadertently slip up, please let us know.

Ted Shrader
03-14-2004, 11:40 AM
Keith -

It was my pleasure to meet you yesterday at the Turn-a-thon. Everything I said then still stands. I understand your decision and fully support the choices you have made.

Thank you for your hard work and dedication.

Aaron, it was good to meet you and I know you will fill Keith's shoes well.

Ted

Stan Smith
03-14-2004, 12:01 PM
Another vote of appreciation, Keith. Too many of us take these forums for granted and don't always say thanks for their existence and the hard work and many hours it takes to keep one going. THANK YOU!!!!

Stan

Daniel Rabinovitz
03-14-2004, 12:08 PM
Congratulations to Aaron!
Hope that you can fulfill your endeavors, Keith.
Thanks for the "forum"
and for letting me vent my BS (Bandsaw sawdust).
Daniel :rolleyes:

Tony Sade
03-14-2004, 12:40 PM
You've done a fine job with this site and will "leave" a great legacy.

Ed Falis
03-14-2004, 1:23 PM
Keith,

I'd like to once again express my thanks for your taking the initiative to found this forum, resource it and nurture it through its first year. It's an accomplishment I hope you're proud of. Best wishes with your other ventures.

- Ed

Frank Pellow
03-14-2004, 1:46 PM
Thanks Keith for a great Forum Keith!

I have been searching for a good wordworking forum now for about 3 months and have tried several of them for short periods. I discovered this firum a little over a week ago and right away I knew that it was the place that I had been looking for.

Welcome Aaron!

Martin Shupe
03-14-2004, 2:26 PM
Keith,

Thanks for "standing up" the Creek, filling the void left by the closing of the Pond, your server time, and all the hard work you put in to make this place the best woodworker forum on the web.

I still think you should be "Woodworker of the Year" for your contribution to the woodworking community at large.

Aaron, we will try to keep in line, but if we get out of line, let us know and we will fix it.

Dick Parr
03-14-2004, 4:30 PM
Great job Keith, I'm sure we will be hearing from you from time to time. Good luck with your laser engraving services.

Mark Singer
03-14-2004, 6:30 PM
Keith,
I can't imagine how much work it was to initiate and administrate this great forum! I am very appreciative and realize that it is difficult to continue such a time consuming task. You did an excellent job and I wish you continued success in all your future endevours.

Jim Becker
03-14-2004, 6:35 PM
The most appropriate words I can think of are "Thank you for your continuous and continued support of the woodworking community." It really is appreciated.

Roger Fitzsimonds
03-14-2004, 6:40 PM
Thanks Keith,
May all your endeavors be as successful as the creek has been. Thank You again

Roger

John Miliunas
03-14-2004, 9:38 PM
Let's see...16 previous "replies" to your post, so let's just call it "ditto times 16"! :D

Keith, on my own behalf, thanks so very, very much for providing such a wonderful space to bring so many nice people together to share their love of woodworking! You've done a tremendous job! And Aaron, congrats to you, as well! I have no doubt that Keith made the right choice in picking you to carry the torch. Keep that flame burning! :cool:

Dale Thompson
03-14-2004, 10:22 PM
Keith,
I am a bit late in saying "THANK YOU!!!" I've been out for the past four days torturing my elderly petrified joints and bones on about 500 miles of snowmobile trails. :eek: :eek: On the other hand, my wishes are no less sincere than those who have gone before me. Again, I thank you and wish the very best to Aaron. I sincerely hope that he has enough of a sense of humor to tolerate an old dinosaur like me. :confused: :(

To you, I wish the very best!! To me, I wish to awake in the morning. To Aaron, I thank you in advance for accepting the SMC gang. Sainthood is NOT a birthright!! :D :D

Dale T. :)

David Rose
03-15-2004, 3:44 AM
Thanks for the hard work getting the Creek running and running well, Keith. I think you made a wise move and hope that the time "shows up" to get your other endevors in shape. Aaron will likely be as good an administrator as you could pick, IMHO.

God bless

David

Bobby McCarley
03-15-2004, 5:40 AM
Keith, I just want to add my thanks for all of the hard work you have done to get SMC going and for the FPP also. I can only guess at the effort it takes to do something like this and to try to run a business at the same time. Good luck with your shop and may all roads lead to success.

And, to Aaron, I wish you all the luck and continued success with SMC. It is, by far, one of the best forums on the net and a great group of people who are willing to share ideas, tips and friendship.

Thanks,
Bobby McCarley

Terry Quiram
03-15-2004, 7:18 AM
Keith

I would say that your experiment to take up the slack of the departing Badger Pond has been very successful. Congradulations on a job well done and thanks. Also thanks to everyone in the background. I know Keith didn't do it by himself.

Terry

Kelly C. Hanna
03-15-2004, 8:16 AM
Best wishes for the future Keith. You have done a great job with this forum, I like being able to interact with a mature group of woodworkers. Thanks for all you have done!

Keith Starosta
03-15-2004, 9:00 AM
Good luck, Keith. As has been said by all the others, thanks...and good luck with all of your plans. We make a couple of trips a year down to VA Beach. Hopefully I'll get a chance to stop by and say HI one of these days. Take care!

Keith

Dennis Peacock
03-15-2004, 11:01 AM
Well Keith....I know whachoo mean that buddy.

I can't top what the others have said.....so let me just say Thank You for SMC and all that you and Aaron have done to make this place what it is today.

Now.....everybody back to work.!! ;)

Chris Padilla
03-15-2004, 11:29 AM
Thanks very much for your efforts here, Keith...best of luck with your future endeavours.

Now, Aaron, how about updating that giv-a-way for the fancy push-stick that is stuck at the top here? We need a new name culled from the school! :D

Bruce Page
03-15-2004, 3:10 PM
Thanks Keith, for making this the best WW forum on the WWW! Wishing you the best of luck in all your future endeavors!

Lloyd Frisbee
03-15-2004, 3:22 PM
Great job keith! SMC is one of my favorite woodworking sites.

My only minor peeve is sometimes the Off Topic posts seem to outnumber the woodworking posts. I come here to read about woodworking.

Even this thread is off topic but I will allow it this time. ;)

Ron Jones near Indy
03-15-2004, 7:24 PM
Keith,
There's not much to say that hasn't been said. Thanks for a great place to splash around and good luck with your plans!

Jason Tuinstra
03-15-2004, 7:54 PM
Keith, Thanks for all your hard work. I have truly appriciated all the labors that have gone into producing such a fine website. Thank you very much.

Terry Hatfield
03-15-2004, 8:58 PM
Keith,

Thanks so very much for all you have done. We are all in your debt.

Aaron good luck in your new position.

Terry

Charles McKinley
03-15-2004, 9:26 PM
Hi Kieth,

Thank you for this great site and the time and effport that you have put into it. It was great meeting you at Bill's last summer.

Aaron thank you for acceptingyour new duties.

Lincoln Myers
03-16-2004, 4:45 PM
Thanks a lot Keith! I really appreciate all the time and effort you have put into The Creek. It has developed into a great resource for myself and many others. Sure was nice to have a place to come when The Pond shut its' doors.

Thanks again and good luck.

Aaron, I know you'll do great things with The Creek. Good luck to you as well.

--Linc

Waymon Campbell
03-16-2004, 9:00 PM
Keith - I think we all are very appreciative of your efforts and sacrifices. The community you have created here is a very special place. You have "given back" way above the call of duty. I for one believe that is the mark of a true man among men. Saying thanks just doesn't convey very well how we all feel.