PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting feed Tables on a DW735

Wade Lippman
02-28-2008, 4:46 PM
I bought a DW735 6 months ago and was quite happy with it.
But I read in several places that the folding infeed and outfeed tables were essential, so I bought a set.
Well, I am getting snipe for the first time!
I used to have a Makita 2012 and adjusting the tables eliminated the snipe; but there doesn't seem to be any adjustment on the Dewalt. Presumably I have to get them to angle up more, like on the Makita. Any way to do that?

Dave Falkenstein
02-28-2008, 5:23 PM
The adjustment is in the bolts that fasten the auxilliary tables to the brackets. I set mine dead flat with the main table and get no snipe. Some folks like setting the auxilliary tables just a hair low (or high) at the outside ends. Use a Wixey, if you have one.

Tom Esh
02-28-2008, 5:31 PM
Each table has two side brackets. If you look closely at the brackets you'll see they're slotted where the screws pass through to secure them to the table. Loosen, adjust as needed, re-tighten.
FWIW I've not been able to completely eliminate that leading and trailing 3" snipe either. Increasing the incline on the outfeed table (or slight lifting pressure on the workpiece before it clears the first roller) helped on the trailing snipe, but applying the same remedies to the infeed side seems to have no effect. I usually just allow for cutting it off.

Wade Lippman
02-29-2008, 1:10 PM
Thanks much, I never thought of adjusting them.