PDA

View Full Version : Deleting a Thread or Post

Anthony Whitesell
02-28-2008, 9:29 AM
How do I delete a thread or post on Sawmill Creek? I searched the tech support forum and found some things but none of them work or apply to my post. My posting/thread was made in the last hour.

Thanks for the help.
Anthony

Glenn Clabo
02-28-2008, 10:54 AM
Click on "Edit"...bottom right hand corner of the post and click delete this post.

Anthony Whitesell
02-28-2008, 11:34 AM
I must be missing the 'delete post' button. Where does it appear after I click Edit?

Anthony Whitesell
02-28-2008, 11:40 AM
Cancel that. I see where the edit button appears on posts that are not the first. Can you delete a post that is the first (ie., the start of the thread)>

Glenn Clabo
02-28-2008, 11:56 AM
You can delete your own post...for a certain amount of time.

Which thread/post do you want to delete? I'll be glad to do it.

Anthony Whitesell
02-28-2008, 12:50 PM
I can delete my own post if it is not the thread starter. I would like to delete in the off-topic forum the post/thread "Testing making a poll (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=77958)".

Thanks Gelnn

Glenn Clabo
02-28-2008, 2:20 PM
Poof!!!!!!!

Jim Becker
02-29-2008, 11:36 AM
To clarify, after 24 hours, only a moderator can delete or change content. The specific reason for this is to maintain continuity of the information at SMC over time. There were some incidents where some very useful content was deleted by parties in anger and the result was not beneficial for the overall community. The moderators, however, are quite friendly and accommodating when anyone needs help with solving an issue with a mistake, 'unfortunate choice of words' or other things that changing will benefit the SMC community.

Jim
SMC Moderator