PDA

View Full Version : wood working show

Aaron Black
02-27-2008, 9:50 PM
Is anyone going to the wood working show in minneapolis this weekend, just wondering if it was worth it haven't been there before.

Bob Rufener
02-28-2008, 8:48 AM
I attended the Woodworker's Show in Milwaukee last weekend. If you have never gone to one before, you might consider it. Don't look at getting exceptional deals. They just aren't there. I don't mean you can't save some money but don't look for super deals. The shows used to have a lot more vendors than they now have. I imagine businesses are cutting costs and it is expensive to send people to these shows, pay their salaries-lodging-food-etc. Booth fees are expensive as well. It cost me $10 in gas to go there, $5 to park my truck, and $7 for a ticket to go spend more money. Somehow, that doesn't seem right as I can go to a mall-park for free-and no entrance fee. You can see a number of demonstrations of different products and be able to talk to people regarding their products. The shows do have demos and informational sessions about different things. Some of those can be very worthwhile. You can find information on their website regarding schedules of sessions and a list of vendors. It's not a bad way to spend a day. Try it! You might wind up spending more than your allowance...especially if the vendor is willing to sell a demo model at a decent price.