PDA

View Full Version : Aaaaarargh!!!

Joe Pelonio
02-27-2008, 7:30 PM
The computer (Dell 4600 XP) running the laser just quit on me, I restart it and
it will not boot, but gives the following message:

yboard failure

I have a backup luckily but it's going to be a pain to switch over, what does this mean?

And why does it always happen when I'm really busy?

---------------------------
edit:

Hey, it's Keyboard failure I bet, probably the wide screen monitor won't show the ke. Working on it now, maybe a plug came out!

----------------------------

OK, I could just delete this, since it's fixed, but I'll leave it so you can all have a nice laugh at my expense.

I am running a vinyl job that's a total of 75 yards of 24", so as I plot I roll up each section and am leaving them all around the place until I get to weeding them. The pile tipped over and the weight of it was setting on the left edge of the keyboard, holding down a key or two. That's all.

Jeff Gilchrist
02-27-2008, 8:11 PM
G ad Y u Fi ed it so f st. Cou d h ve be n ve y cost y.

Seriously though, wish they were all that easy to fix.

George M. Perzel
02-28-2008, 6:42 AM
Hi Joe;
Glad it was an easy fix-nothing worse to get the worries going and the temper rising than a computer issue when you can least afford it.
As I get older (and we all do) I'm finally starting to realize that what appears to be a big problem is usually a small one or has a simple solution, and what appears to be a small problem (it's only a little leak) is usually much more. I think they call it wisdom or something like that.
Good Luck
Best regards;
George
LaserArts

Kenneth Hertzog
02-28-2008, 7:32 AM
Joe
I came to work one day and tried to type and nothing happened
could NOT get the keyboard to work
After about an hour it occured to me that it is cordless
the batteries were dead
I feel your pain I think we all have it