PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly Chuck jaw screws

Kim Ford
02-27-2008, 6:32 PM
Thanks to Bernie's advice, I did buy a grizzly chuck, and it has been a very serviceable little unit. All is well except evidently I did not tighten one of the screws that hold on the jaws tight enough, and off it came going for a journey in my shop to unknown regions. My bet is that it is somewhere in my shavings pile and believe me the needle in a haystack medifore is very true. No luck finding it yet.

Does anyone know where I can get a couple of spares?

Thanks

Kim

Kevin McPeek
02-27-2008, 7:22 PM
I found some at Lowes that fit me Nova chuck but they were a phillips head. THey may have what you need there. They aren't in the regular bins, they were in the specialty fasteners.. you know being metric and all :rolleyes:

Kennneth Sain
02-27-2008, 8:30 PM
I would believe that you could contact Grizzly tech support and they will solve your problem. I've always found them to be quite helpful.

RL Johnson
02-27-2008, 8:44 PM
When I drop my pen bushing in the shaving, I use one of the telescoping magnets to go through the shaving. Haven't lost one yet. I am sure you might find your screw.

Jason Hallowell
02-27-2008, 10:05 PM
I have a large jobsite magnet from when I was a contactor, and try to run it through my shavings before I toss them. It's found many small items I didn't even know I was missing.