PDA

View Full Version : Corel X3 engraves differently.

Gary Shoemake
02-27-2008, 12:45 PM
I am having a problem with engraing a pattern on some baltic birch. In Corel X3 the raster comes with a peebly texture, in corel 12 it is smooth. I'm using the same wood test piece with the same settings for each test run. THe surface using X3 has a bumpy feel and look like the power is varying. I suspect that the X3 might not be as black as the 12. I don't know how to check further.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Mike Null
02-27-2008, 1:33 PM
Gary
Did you check the black on the pallet. RGB black is blacker than cymk black.

Gary Shoemake
02-27-2008, 1:48 PM
Hi mike,

That was one of the first things that I did. I went back to version 12 and it was the cmyk default that engraved well and it was the same palette in X3. I wonder if there is somehow a difference between the two versions. It is a real puzzler to me. Do you use the rgb palette?

Tony Severenuk (Corel)
02-27-2008, 3:27 PM
In Tools>Color Management there is a setting called Color mode for effects...V12 uses RGB and X3 defaults to CMYK...try changing it to RGB and print again..see what happens.

Gary Shoemake
02-27-2008, 3:45 PM
Thanks Mike and Tony

In V12 the color management was set to off. I did that and it fixed the problem. Then I did what Tony suggested and that also worked. So I will leave it set to RGB.

What a great place for help.

Mike Null
02-27-2008, 4:23 PM
Gary

On both my lasers, the first a ULS and the Trotec they have their own pallette which uses RGB colors. But I believe both instructed to turn off color management.

That's the way I've been engraving since day one.

When I was doing dye sub. I would switch from color mgmt off to the Artainium drivers which caused a significant color change in the look of the palettes.