PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate Truck Box.....Stylish..roomy....

Dennis Peacock
02-27-2008, 8:20 AM
Came across this at work one day and thought some here would like to see "The Ultimate Truck Box".

Roomy
Affordable
easy opening (just remove the wooden cloths pins)
waterproof
easily movable to another truck.

Joe Mioux
02-27-2008, 10:05 AM
Hey Dennis!

We use those totes all the time for some of the strangest storage needs. One odd storage use is that we use it to story pastuerized soil.

Joe

mark page
02-27-2008, 10:05 AM
I think I need a bunch of "truck boxes" in my shop.:D

Ken Fitzgerald
02-27-2008, 10:18 AM
They work well in the back of my company van too! Hold a lot of unrelated small tools, parts etc.

Those are purchased at Wallyworld by the way....but then a guy from Arkansas already knew that!

Don Bergren
02-27-2008, 10:34 AM
I bet Jeff Foxworthy could create a routine around that one. The roadkill finders kit. Containers to hold it, that wash and rinse out easily. The dual purpose clothespins that will hold the cover on, but can also be used to clamp the nostrils when it's a skunk or something that's been in the sun too long. :D

From roadside, to truck body, to kitchen, all with one handy reusable container. The environmental friendly approach to redneck dining. :eek:

JayStPeter
02-27-2008, 11:26 AM
The ones I use for that purpose must be slightly higher quality. The tops stay on without the clothes pins :rolleyes::cool:.

Jim O'Dell
02-27-2008, 11:34 AM
Let me add something to your list...easily stolen, tool box and all, if left in truck while you are gone. :D
Rubbermaid totes are great things. We have several that we use when dog showing. One has first aid and grooming equipment, including my Makita 7.2 volt vacuum for clean up. The other one carries shampoos, towels, water hose adaptor for the motel room tub (Shhhhh. don't tell anyone!!), etc. I built the platform in the van so one big one as shown in the picture above, or 2 of the shorter ones stacked will fit under the platform for storage. Jim.

Randal Stevenson
02-27-2008, 11:56 AM
Let me add something to your list...easily stolen, tool box and all, if left in truck while you are gone. :D
Jim.

If/When they want in bad enough, they get in.

Last year I had some asthma problems, that I haven't had, or had medication for in 20 years (everyone thought I had pretty much outgrown it). While I was down for a week, my box was broken into and I lost over $1000 worth of tools.
At least this way, it makes you think to bring them in (of course I still wouldn't have been able to, all I could worry about was breathing).

One other benefit, you could lock them inside the truck when picking stuff up, then you set them on top of the stuff, so you don't loose bed space.

Stephen Beckham
02-27-2008, 8:14 PM
What? No comments about this guy being a "Soccer Dad?" :D

James Jaragosky
02-27-2008, 8:25 PM
That a guy used a hatchet to pierce the skin next to the side door so he could grab the lock rod and unlock the doors. I was unloading my tools at a new job site, and he did this between trips. I was gone less than 4 minutes.
Nothing is complete safe, but that is a little too unsecured for me.
jim j