PDA

View Full Version : Corel Help please

Jeff Chumbley
02-26-2008, 11:44 PM
I am looking for a little help with a file. Attached is the dimentions of the ring and a picture of what the actual ring looks like and another picture of the customers idea of how it is to look.

I have the ring drawn, the words somewhat placed on it but cannot seem to get them to the positions on the ring in the different colors of wood.

Any assistance would help.

My guess is that from tail to arrow tip should be approx .52" but like I said its a guess. I cannot figure out how to put the arrows in the ring. If I could do that I could probably place the text.

"TYIA"

Jeff

Frank Corker
02-27-2008, 5:23 AM
Is this what you wanted?

Stephen Beckham
02-27-2008, 7:07 AM
Jeff,

I added something to Franks circle. I changed his lines to red and added three arrows. Not saying it's better, but this it's the technique I'd use.

I'd put it the circle in the laser and run a vector at ZERO power and make sure the lines follow the contour of the circle and the arrows match the arrows. Make adjustments as needed to get all the red lines to match your target.

Once that's done, without moving the circle or changing it's location in Corel - make the text that Frank put in the circle sit pleasingly to the eye.

Change your print from Vector to Combination (leaving your vector power at Zero) and the words should be rastered in the spots they are showing on the screen.

Jeff Chumbley
02-27-2008, 9:26 AM
Thank you both. I can move the text around as needed but was trying to figure out how to get to where stephen's drawing is. A visual guide to placing the text similar to the final output.

Jeff

Robert Ray
02-27-2008, 1:29 PM
Here is a link to a .PDF on how to make decals.
http://www.tangopapadecals.com/Make%20your%20own%20decals%20101.pdf

What might be helpful to you is all the reference to using Corel to "Fit Text To Path", "Place Text On Other Side", "Vertical Placement" and more, in this decal design tutorial.

I followed this tutorial to make decals, and it also taught me how to do the same thing with text for laser engraving.

-Robert