PDA

View Full Version : Partially complete pantry project

David Duke
02-26-2008, 10:13 PM
Here are a few pictures of the pantry unit I've been working on. I can't get a good picture installed because the pantry is in a long narrow entry. There will be another longer unit built/installed on the opposite side. Casework is made of birch plywood (see my "Cruddy plywood" thread), the faceframe and doors are made of white oak the doors have rift sawn white oak panels. This unit is 80h" x 69" x 24"d, I mixed my own stain and top coated with 6 coats of lacquer.

Obviously I've still got to trim it out but I am going to make my own trim and I haven't got the right molding head for my planer. Also the two outer doors of the upper unit will have punched tin inserts installed but I havent gotten them done yet, I will post updated pictures when I get them in and have both sides installed and trimmed out.

Thanks for looking

Tim Byars
02-26-2008, 11:26 PM
Very nice...somehow the arrangement of the bottom drawer and doors really makes it "work" in a pleasing way. I have a similar project on my list for somewhere down the road, and I hope my results are that good.

Victor Stearns
02-27-2008, 6:37 AM
Very Nice. I'm sure the loyl will love it.