PDA

View Full Version : Creeker Comes Through Again

Tyler Howell
02-26-2008, 10:02 PM
As many of you know I'm in the count down. (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=77286)

I'm ready (and need) to retire but I got to admit, I'm so pinched up and running wild with all that has to be done.
I've worked since I was 11 and some times 3 & 4 jobs at the same time to better myself.
I swear my employer is trying to wring every last cent out of me.
Moving and prepping the old place for sale (yah right:o) has been a 25/7 adventure.

So creeker Eddie Watkins, also a recent retiree from the same employer calls to wish me well. He shared the process and time line for mile stones of our retirement system. I had heard it all before, read and reread it in the company directives but all of a sudden his words got through this thick head.
A sense of calm chilled me out and I was able to work, complete projects and get things done rather than spinning in the middle of the floor which has been my major pass time lately.
I'm feeling a hole lot better and actually being productive again.
Thanks Eddie.;)

Ken Fitzgerald
02-26-2008, 10:15 PM
Tyler......if it gets to bothering you too bad. I'll take your place.....:eek::rolleyes::D

You will survive! BTW......you'll have to come out here some February. The Lionel Hampton Jazz Festival is going on just 30 miles up the road.

Jim O'Dell
02-26-2008, 11:09 PM
Glad you got some stability to help you out there my friend. Sometimes it's not the information, but the way it is explained that makes all the difference in the world.
If you get to spinning again, pull out one of the guitars and play for a little while. That should calm you down! Jim.

Karl Laustrup
02-27-2008, 7:31 AM
DEEP BREATH, BUD.

In reading the threads about your impending retirement, I've become a little confused though. In my case that's quite simple really. :o

I guess you officially don't have to wake to an alarm clock after this weekend. Correct? You might want to think about setting the alarm a half hour later each day until you wake before the alarm goes off. ;) Better to ease into such a change.

Your place in the cities is not quite ready to put on the market? Or perhaps you're going to keep it as a get away from the retirement home? Or someplace for me to get away. :)

Are you heading to the retirement home ;):D immediately after this week or will you be splitting your time?

Karl

Tyler Howell
02-27-2008, 7:49 AM
Scary thing is Karl I have not needed an alarm for years now as I'll wake up at 2 or 3 in the morning with something on my mind.
Not a good way to live, but my life for a while.

Things are looking a lot nicer out there

Dennis Peacock
02-27-2008, 8:14 AM
Hang in there Tyler my friend. It will all be ok. Just enjoy the ride. :)

David G Baker
02-27-2008, 9:07 AM
Tyler,
If you think you had pushy, nasty, demanding bosses while employed, you will find that you are much more demanding than any boss. I never worked so hard in my life as I have since retiring. Nice part about retirement is you can tell your boss (you) where to go and do what you enjoy most.
Good luck.

Jim Becker
02-27-2008, 10:38 AM
I'm glad Eddie stepped up with his experience to help ease you through these final days of "work-work" as you transition to "fun-work".

And I can only think of one good reason to wake up a 2 or 3 am....and it ain't to worry... ;)

Lee Schierer
02-27-2008, 11:22 AM
Just remember that you are retiring, not moving to another planet. Your boss/replacement can call you if they have questions. Just don't let the questions become full time work. Just answer their questions and go back to what you were doing. If they want you to come in for a day or part of a day, say sure, but I need to charge consultant rates, then actually charge them.

Ted Calver
02-27-2008, 12:40 PM
Tyler,
Stress can do bad things and these last few days before leaving the company can sure pile it on if you aren't careful. Make sure you stay loose and keep your eye on the prize!!

Belinda Barfield
02-27-2008, 2:08 PM
Glad you got some peace of mind Tyler! Just SMILE through the pain and remember that after the 3rd you don't have to take it any more.

Eddie Watkins
02-27-2008, 10:23 PM
Tyler, I enjoyed our visit, as well. I can't tell you how badly I hated the alarm in the morning and, like you, there were nights that I couldn't shut down. SInce retiring, I rarely am still awake 15 minutes after going to bed and am usually up in the morining before the alarm goes off so I can make coffee for LOML. This retirement thing is the best thing I've ever did and I've been to 2 goat ropings and an Elvis concert.:D

Eddie