PDA

View Full Version : Sharpening in Arkasnas

Joe Meazle
02-26-2008, 9:14 PM
Who do you Arkies use for sharpening?

I have used Scott W in AZ He does a great job and will still get my primo and oddball stuff. I just hate to pay to ship an cheap blade to and from AZ by the time I am done to cost of the blade has almost doubled.

I saw a shop in Pottsville, Gary's sharpening, I thought I might give him a try he is just one exit down from a hardwood supplier I use. Anyone been ther already?

Thanks,
Joe

Rick de Roque
02-26-2008, 10:51 PM
Joe,
Sorry I can't help since we last talked. Haven't used anyone local.

Rick

John Thompson
02-26-2008, 11:14 PM
You might give Larry Williams in Eureka Springs a call. Larry is the other half of Clarke & Williams who make the wooden planes for Colonial Williamsburg Village. I don't think I can post their web-site, but if you play around with planemaker or just Google Clark & Williams hand planes for the phone #.

Just a thought.. as I have a feeling those guys might be able to tell you if anyone in Arkansas is open for business sharpening and if they are good.

Sarge..

Harley Lewis
02-27-2008, 10:58 AM
I drop off my inexpensive blades, jointer and planer blades to Meeks or City Lumber in Fayetteville and they do just fine. My better blades I send off to the manufacturer or Scott.

Harold Piper
02-27-2008, 11:57 AM
Joe you might try Lewis Broglen in No. Little Rock 501/753/6915. I think C & W Tools in Little does some sharping . 501/376/2310 Hope this helps.

Steve Clardy
02-27-2008, 12:45 PM
Ballew Saw and Tool in Springfield does a great job for me

John Thompson
02-27-2008, 2:06 PM
Ballew Saw and Tool in Springfield does a great job for me

Forgot about them, Steve. They are good people and your reminder will get them an order on some abrasives today instead of another source I was going to use.

Thanks for the reminder...

Sarge..