PDA

View Full Version : saw blades sharping

Mike Stanton
03-13-2004, 1:03 PM
I asked the saw shop what to use to clean blades. They told me that they tell people to use easy off. And I use a brass brush to clean both sides then in side to soak in hop water tith dawn dish soap then bras brush the face of the teeth .rince them and dry. It works great I did all my blades yesterday. Mike

Rob Bourgeois
03-13-2004, 1:40 PM
I asked the saw shop what to use to clean blades. They told me that they tell people to use easy off. And I use a brass brush to clean both sides then in side to soak in hop water tith dawn dish soap then bras brush the face of the teeth .rince them and dry. It works great I did all my blades yesterday. Mike

ITs been reported that easy off will harm the carbide on the saw blade.
Ellis at Wood Central is the one I saw talk about this. I thought he said something about a article or something that had pictures of the damage.

Larry Browning
03-13-2004, 1:43 PM
Have you ever tried simple green? This is a one step process, just soak the blade in simple green for 20 minutes, scrub with an old tooth brush, rinse and you're done. Works great. Simple :D Plus, I have heard that oven cleaner can weaken the bonding of the carbon tips to the blade.