PDA

View Full Version : Photo conversion help needed.

James Jaragosky
02-26-2008, 11:41 AM
I need to convert about 200 photos from a Microsoft office document imaging file format to a Gif file format.
I have several photo editing software programs that do batch editing of varying degrees but none that do batch format changes unless I modify the image is some fashion and re-save the altered images as a different file format. I do not want to alter the images in any way other than the format.
it seems to me that 10 years ago when I had mac products that this feature was standard with whatever photo program that came with the machine or I possibly picked it up as shareware.
so my question is has anyone got a recommendation on how to do this as a batch or do I have to do this individually?
Thanks for your help.
Jim J.

Joseph N. Myers
02-26-2008, 11:51 AM
James,

I use Pixresizer which will conver either single files or a whole folder. Supports bmp, gif, jpeg, png and tiff (and others I think). And of course, will change the picture size - I use it to reduce my pictures for SMC.

Use Google, its free and very, very easy to use, and fast.

HTH, Joe

Ted Calver
02-26-2008, 11:54 AM
Irfanview (free and excellent) has a batch conversion/renaming mode.

James Jaragosky
02-26-2008, 12:04 PM
Thanks for the quick responses. Ill try them both.:)

Doug Griffith
02-26-2008, 12:17 PM
The program you are referring to on the Mac is probably DeBabelizer or GraphicConverter.

Dee Gallo
02-26-2008, 1:39 PM
If you have Corel X3, check to see if it came with a program called Rawshooter or Rawshooter Essentials. This program will convert batches of photos.

Scott Shepherd
02-26-2008, 2:16 PM
If you have Raw Shooter or Raw Shooter Essentials, make sure you save it. They got bought out by Adobe (I think) and shut the entire project down about 1 - 1 1/2 years ago. The website might still be up, but they stopped working on it.

That all could have changed, but that was the case when I looked for it some time ago. I've always heard great things about it.