PDA

View Full Version : Help with Triton Powered Respirator

Aaron Buys
02-25-2008, 10:49 PM
I need to charge up my Triton and I think I've got the right adapter out of my tool bin but I'm not 100% its the correct one for charging the unit. It says its a Class 2 Power Supply. Input is AC120V at 60hz 11W and output is DC9V at 500mA. Can any of you fellow Triton owners confirm I have the right adapter?

Fred Conte
02-26-2008, 12:27 AM
Aaron I can't help you with the Triton charger but the number of chargers in my house and shop has gotten out of hand so when ever I get a new charger I make a label with a cheap label maker and put it on the transformer, the label just has the name of the device it powers.

HTH - Fred

Kurt Bird
02-26-2008, 7:34 AM
Aaron,
I can confirm that you have the right charger. Those specs are identical to the charger I have, that I bought 3 weeks ago.
Kurt:)

Hilel Salomon
02-26-2008, 8:15 AM
I have the Trend and Triton in VA, but seldom use the Triton and I'm glad you asked the question. I too have chargers up the kazoo and many of them are just simply???????. I like the idea of labeling them and will try to do that.
Hilel

Nathan Hawkes
02-26-2008, 7:19 PM
I use a 3M organic vapor respirator when I'm using my chainsaw mill for blanks and lumber, but I've thought about getting one of these triton units that I saw at woodcraft. How well do you think they'd react in terms of a blank blowout?? I just mean do you think you'd be well enough protected? And, as I'm already needing to replace the shield on my current faceshield from shellac & lacquer spotting. Can you replace the shield on the Triton's?????

Fred Conte
02-26-2008, 10:13 PM
Nathan - If you're interested in the triton check out amazon.com they have it for $170 with free shipping, buy it through the Creek here and help the fund!

Fred

Jim Underwood
02-26-2008, 11:10 PM
Nathan, I believe the replacement shield is about $15. You can also buff out scratches, which is what I did. I just borrowed a friends Beall Buff system and went to work on it. Now I can see through it again.

I also just bought a couple of pre-filters for mine. Perhaps I should have bought the main filters too....

I think that the Triton is probably as good or better than a lot of shields as far as protecting from an impact. That bubble is fairly thick and it fits into the helmet pretty well. Aside from the ear muffs, it's almost like a motorcycle helmet.

Harold Tinling
03-05-2008, 8:49 PM
better late than never. the correct charger for a triton is class 2 power supply, input 120 v. output dc9v 500 mA