PDA

View Full Version : New Tool Gloat....Drum Sander Arrived!

Edward Garrett
02-25-2008, 9:31 PM
My new Accura 5HP 25" dual drum sander arrived today after being delayed by a snow-storm on Friday. After my wife and neighbor had some fun with a forklift in the snow, it made it into my workshop! It arrived solidly crated, in excellent condition. It was easily set-up in 30 minutes - just screw-on the height adjustment handle and mount the magnetic switch box (it took longer to uncrate it and unbolt it from the pallet than it did to actually set-up). There was one very slight nick in the paint just under the on/off switch (and I do mean very slight), but with a quick phone call to Phil at Hamilton Tool, a can of touch-up was on its way. Overall the fit & finish are excellent.

I haven't checked the drums for parallel nor hooked-up the plugs or dust collection yet, I am hoping to get that done tomorrow (baby-duty called tonight :rolleyes:). I also need to swap out the 80/120 grit that it came with for a 150/180 grit combo....since this is my firt sander of this type I will probably wait until I have gotten the hang of it before I do this....

I can't wait to use it! I have some door and drawer panels to flatten and a 9ft x 24" desktop to smooth-out for my wifes craft area and activity center...

Any and all tips, suggestions or tricks re: drum sander use are more than welcome!

Bryan Berguson
02-25-2008, 9:50 PM
Saylorsburg huh! Figures! A guy gets a cool tool that really should be tested for him by some fellow woodworkers and he's 3 hours away! :D I'm jealous! I'd love to have something like that but I only have myself to blame. I was too late at an auction where a 24inch belt sander with 100 belts went for $900.:eek::eek::eek:

Looks like a great sander. I'll be interested in hearing how it works.

Bryan

Christopher Stahl
02-25-2008, 10:17 PM
Bryan, I'm just jealous that you're closer to Irion than I am. :)

Don Bullock
02-25-2008, 10:41 PM
Any and all tips, suggestions or tricks re: drum sander use are more than welcome!

One suggestion is that you could sand some table tops for me after I get them glued up this spring.;):D

Seriously, congratulations on your new addition. That looks like a fantastic machine. I'd like to know more about it and how well you like it.

Edward Garrett
02-25-2008, 11:12 PM
I will definitely post some updates on how this works this weekend...

Ben Cadotte
02-25-2008, 11:25 PM
Tips?? Hahaha did you walk into that one. :D

What is it your supposed to say here?? :rolleyes:

Oh, yea I remeber seeing it once before.

You, SUCK. :D:D

Congrats on the Sander. If by chance you keep popping a breaker. I have plenty of room and power at my place. :D

Pat Germain
02-26-2008, 9:25 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Sah-weet! Too bad the real estate market is in the tank. I'd seel my house and move into a well-equipped shop. That drum sander would right next to my bed. ;)