PDA

View Full Version : 3520B Best Price?

Frank Kobilsek
02-25-2008, 11:33 AM
Saturday I was doing a demo with our club at a hardwood supplier/tool shop. I was talking trash about good connections thru work and hoping to use those contacts to pick up a great deal on a PM 3520B this summer. He said 'Why go to all that work. I'll sell you a new one for $2200'

Is that a great deal or is that about the going rate these days? If some of the recent new Mustrad buyers could chime in I'd appreaciate the input. I guess I would like to support the local shop if this is a better than average price.

Frank

Don Robert
02-25-2008, 11:41 AM
That is one of the best prices I've seen. I bought one last summer for about $2450 assembled and delivered into my shop. Love mine! Join the "musturders" whom my wife's nicknames the "Dejon'ers."

Ken Glass
02-25-2008, 11:45 AM
Frank,
I recently purchased my Mustard Monster for a $100 higher than that, from a floor model my dealer had. It had never been used or plugged in. He disassembled it and loaded it right on my trailer for me. The going price at most dealers is $2799.00, give or take a few dollars. I could have bought one at the St. Louis WWing show for $2200.00, but from a dealer a long way from home. Remember, there is a five (5) year warranty on the 3520b. If you purchase it, remember there is a $100 rebate until 4/08. You can go online to fill out the rebate. I have only had mine two weeks and have fell in love with it.
Go for it, Frank!!!

Ken Fitzgerald
02-25-2008, 12:05 PM
Frank.....You'd better jump on it!

Scott Hubl
02-25-2008, 1:11 PM
Hey Frank Good Price.

I am in the market for one myself as soon as the tax refund gets here.

Electronically filed to go directly into our bank account.(So I should have the funds real soon)

I was wondering WERE you can get that price locally?

AND could we get a Better price if we both bought one at the same time, like a mini group buy.

Feel free to PM me your thoughts on this.:D

I am only about 90 miles from you and have a trailer to haul it home with.

Alex Cam
02-25-2008, 1:36 PM
Tally one more up if we can get a deal. I'm a couple hours outside of Chicago (north-ish), but I'm in the market for a 3520b as well. If the price is "right" enough, I'd jump on it now and make the drive.

Pete Jordan
02-25-2008, 1:42 PM
Frank,
I paid 2550 delivered a couple of years ago from Toolnut. I heard they stopped the variety of prices because dealers were complaining. Most people have been happy with Osalnik.

Frank Kobilsek
02-25-2008, 2:09 PM
Thanks guys, sounds like I might have a real opportunity here.

It will be April before I can act on this but I think I will.

Scott and Alex I'll PM you

Frank

Ben Gastfriend
02-25-2008, 3:33 PM
I'll agree with Pete. Even though I'm not a mustard owner (nor a mayo guy, Andy), I've done good buisness with Osolnick, and they're very nice people to work with. If you can't get it locally, Osolnick is a great website.

Scott Hubl
02-25-2008, 3:50 PM
I've had the 3520B parked in my cart at Osolnick with the accessories I want along with it to the tune of $3,800.00.

Thats with the extension bed, outboard turning stand, another banjo, different tool rest sizes, the dust hood and a few more items.( If i'm gonna go for it I'm GOING for it all ! )

Ive just been Waiting for some kind of Amazon super duper sale on it to get a price match, and the income tax check.

I already dropped the bomb on the wife and all she wants is a new mattress out of it.:D

Mike Peace
02-25-2008, 3:59 PM
I'll agree with Pete. Even though I'm not a mustard owner (nor a mayo guy, Andy), I've done good buisness with Osolnick, and they're very nice people to work with. If you can't get it locally, Osolnick is a great website.

I'll second Osolnik as a great place to buy from. They had the best price I could find a couple of months ago at $2525 w/ free shipping. $2200, sounds too good to be true. I would jump on that in a heart beat without waiting.

Ron Ainge
02-25-2008, 4:17 PM
Tool King is selling 3520 lathes for around $2100 but they are the A models so be sure that you are buying the 3520b model

Dick Latshaw
02-25-2008, 10:21 PM
Tool King is selling 3520 lathes for around $2100 but they are the A models so be sure that you are buying the 3520b model

Interesting. Searching ToolKing for Powermatic 3520 shows a price of $2,799.99 and "Out of Stock".

Gilbert Vega
02-25-2008, 11:26 PM
I'll second Osolnik as a great place to buy from. They had the best price I could find a couple of months ago at $2525 w/ free shipping. $2200, sounds too good to be true. I would jump on that in a heart beat without waiting.

Can I make it unanimous. I got the 3520B for $2527 plus a $100 rebate plus free shipping to my garage.

Mike, I can't believe I OVERPAID by $2.00 over what you paid. I'll have to ask for a refund. ;)

Keith Burns
02-26-2008, 10:29 AM
Frank, I don't think you can beat that price "anywhere".

David Gunn
02-26-2008, 3:10 PM
I already dropped the bomb on the wife and all she wants is a new mattress out of it.:D

WOW,
if you can make a mattress with this thing, maybe I should order me one....haha.

Clem Wixted
02-26-2008, 4:02 PM
WOW,
if you can make a mattress with this thing, maybe I should order me one....haha.

David,

Is the gas from the dentist still affecting yout thinking? :-)

Clem