PDA

View Full Version : Oneida bag gripper

Frank Martin
02-25-2008, 10:37 AM
I am about to order an Oneida cyclone. Wondering if I should also order the accessory used to keep the plastic bag tight to the drum.

I know a lot of folks here have Oneida cyclones. What I would like to find out:
Do you have the bag gripper, if so how do you like it?
If you do not have it, how do you deal with the plastic bags collapsing when empty?

Thanks.

Mike Gabbay
02-25-2008, 11:32 AM
Frank - I ordered one with mine and I would recommend it. Otherwise you run the risk of the bag getting sucked up into the funnel and tearing.

Frank Snyder
02-25-2008, 12:07 PM
Frank - I ordered one with mine and I would recommend it. Otherwise you run the risk of the bag getting sucked up into the funnel and tearing.

I second that. Buy one now with your DC order and save yourself the $50.

Frank

Heather Thompson
02-25-2008, 12:12 PM
Frank,

I have the "Bag Gripper" on my 3hp commercial unit, get it, you will not regret it!!! I went to a six week class in Canada in 2005 and they had the same system as me, minus the Bag Gripper, when it came time to empty the drum it seemed that all the studends disappeared. :confused: In my opinion the point of a cyclone is to contain fine dust, if you end up opening the drum and having to dump it out in the shop, purpose wasted. My husband objected at first to the purchase, I did one drum without the unit and one with, he hates it when I can make him frown like that.

Heather :D

Bob Reda
02-25-2008, 2:21 PM
I concur with all the posts above:D