PDA

View Full Version : Simple breakfast table

alex grams
02-25-2008, 10:21 AM
My wife wanted a simple breakfast table that the chairs could slide under, so i obliged her.

It is all cherry, with a natural stain and a couple of coats of polyurethane.

This was going into some new territory for me on the patterning of the feet and especially the table skirt. I did bent laminate on the rounded corners, then fastened them to straight connecting pieces on the sides. Some lessons learned on it. I wanted to route a bead in the bottom of the skirt, but I had my vacuum press check valve lose its seal on one corner, so one piece didn't have good contact between a couple spots of the laminate, so I didn't want to route the bottom where there may have been a gap in the layers of laminate, so i just left it flat. Next time though!

It makes the space much larger now that the chairs fully slide under the table (the previous table had 4 legs that on the ends the chair legs didnt fit through, so they always stuck out).

We are going to replace the tile with a travertine and the walls with a stucco venetian style also eventually, so they will match better with the table color.

J. Z. Guest
02-25-2008, 10:35 AM
Very nice work Alex. I'd be proud to have that in my kitchen.

Sam Yerardi
02-25-2008, 11:37 AM
Beautiful job, Alex.

John Thompson
02-25-2008, 12:17 PM
Very nicely done, Alex...

Sarge..

David DeCristoforo
02-25-2008, 12:19 PM
That doesn't look so "simple" to me! Unless it's the breakfast you are referring to and not the table! Nice....

YM

gary Zimmel
02-25-2008, 12:24 PM
Alex

Beautiful table. You did a great job.

Jeffrey Makiel
02-25-2008, 12:26 PM
That looks great. I'd have no problem eating a nice big greasy breakfast on it.

-Jeff :)

Lori Kleinberg
02-25-2008, 12:41 PM
It may be "simple", but it looks very nice.
Thanks for sharing.