PDA

View Full Version : Shop Status

Robert Ducharme
03-13-2004, 12:45 AM
Got a little done this week in the shop and thought I would share some pictures. This is the activity to get my 3HP Oneida DC installed.

Please use the number in front of the picture to determine order. :rolleyes:

Hung some structural steel to use as braces for both the duct work as well as the electrical for the tools placed below. Ran some duct work to get it away from where the walls are being constructed.

Wall brace is shown next and then one of the dust collector hung up and will be enclosed in a sound deadening room. The wall brace is moved out from the wall to avoid running into the cross beams.

The ceiling was constructed on the floor (like the wall panels). I am putting the sound board on while it is down on the floor to make it easier to work on. Note: I will also run the wiring and staple in the sound insulation before lifting it up to put on the top of the frame. All the framing was done on the flat and lifted up for those not familiar with framing.

Not shown is the air exhaust sound baffle (maybe later this weekend).

The plans for this weekend include:

adding the small piece of sound board to the ceiling
installing insulation
lifting ceiling up
construct sound baffle
installing wiring
putting sound board on inside of room
installing insulation
installing drywall
installing door (should I paint a half moon on it?)
testing the DC
I will probably not have time to get the walls mudded this weekend.

Lots to do.

Todd Burch
03-13-2004, 12:58 AM
Robert, I'm looking forward to seeing the final product and some sawdust on that floor! You can paint a 1/2 moon on the door - just don't paint a heart. :)

Tony Sade
03-13-2004, 6:32 AM
that's an airplane hangar, right? Lucky guy!

Tyler Howell
03-13-2004, 8:41 AM
that's an airplane hangar, right? Lucky guy!
Robert, Just hang a bright orange over head crane and some hoops and you've got your major airline hanger/ basket ball arena.
Come on buddy pan out! Your teasing with those shots. I need the big picture.
Too Nice!;)
I had my first Colorado Skiing experience in Loveland. Do you have a great veiw to go along with the great Garagmahal?

Terry Hatfield
03-13-2004, 10:15 AM
Robert,

Dude!!!! What a shop you have!!! I'm really looking forward to seeing it done. I bet you are too.

terry

Bill Spero
03-13-2004, 10:37 AM
Wow. The last time I saw a space like that was when the Discovery chanel did a piece on Northrop Grumman Corp. :D :D