PDA

View Full Version : My first pens and first post

Andrew Goossen
02-24-2008, 6:30 PM
This is my first hand as a post. I have always enjoyed wood and had a central machine metal lathe I converted with a carbide bit to turn my first pen. I since obtained a Jet Mini 1014 and Nova G3 chuck. On Friday I had one person Buy/Order 3 pen/Pencil sets and 1 Pen. Guess I better get busy. I have known Bernie for 20+ years. I grew up in NW Kansas and now reside in NE Oklahoma. I stumbled onto this site about 2 months ago and I guess I will get sucked in. This is a good site for information.

Ron Journeau
02-24-2008, 6:59 PM
Welcome.Sir, and a great way to start...not only are you you turning, but ya got the pics as proof...and we like pics..Nice looking pens as well, hope you enjoy the vortex

Bill Bolen
02-24-2008, 8:32 PM
Welcome aboard Andrew! Nice pens too...Bill...

Bernie Weishapl
02-24-2008, 8:56 PM
Welcome buddy. Make yourself at home cause ya went and done it. You done fell into the bottomless black hole when you got the lathe. There is no turning back. :eek::D:cool::rolleyes:;) Great looking pens Andy. Keep'em coming. Look forward to seeing more pic's of some great pens.

Mike A. Smith
02-24-2008, 10:24 PM
Welcome Andrew! One suggestion, blow those pics up! We like to see all the little details.:D

Tom Sherman
02-25-2008, 9:05 AM
Welcome to the Creek Andy, nice looking pens.