PDA

View Full Version : Fein turbo I vac - is this a deal?

Larry James
02-24-2008, 6:02 PM
Coastal Tool has the Fein Turbo I-FB Vacuum, 1 Micron Kit, with Auto-Trigger Starting, model - 9-11-55FB for $225.00. They also have the same vac without the 1 micron kit for $244.00, about the same price as Amazon, Rockler, Woodcraft, etc. I read that as they add the 1 micron kit and reduce the price???

The Fein one micron filter kit goes for about $35.00. A review on Amazon says the Sears filter will work as a replacement and costs less.

http://www.coastaltool.com/cgi-bin/SoftCart.exe/a/fein/turbo-i-fb.htm?L+coastest+czsv6543ffaf0faf+1203971106

Am I missing something here or is this a good deal? My credit card is on stand-by.

Larry

Robert Meyer
02-24-2008, 8:07 PM
I have the Fein Mini model which appears to be the new turbo I model, capacity wise. Mine came with the filter, bag, brush, crevasse tool and wand & floor brush set. Paid about $200 back 5 years ago. Best tool I own, used hard every day and never quits. I have not needed to replace the filter yet as it only needs an occasional air gun cleaning. You will grow to love this tool especially when hooked up to your random orbital sander (My Porter Cable 6" ROS hose plugs right into the Fein with no modification)

Larry James
02-25-2008, 10:33 AM
I have the Fein Mini model which appears to be the new turbo I model, capacity wise. Mine came with the filter, bag, brush, crevasse tool and wand & floor brush set. Paid about $200 back 5 years ago. Best tool I own, used hard every day and never quits. I have not needed to replace the filter yet as it only needs an occasional air gun cleaning. You will grow to love this tool especially when hooked up to your random orbital sander (My Porter Cable 6" ROS hose plugs right into the Fein with no modification)

Thanks Robert.

I'v had this vac on my wish list for a long time and at this price I couldn't pass it up. 6" ROS will be my primary application so happy to hear it works well. Also, good news about the filter.

Thanks for the feedback, Larry