PDA

View Full Version : OT: Need info on Korean war army medal

Bob Weisner
03-12-2004, 11:29 AM
Hi:

This question is for anyone who served in the Korean War.

I found 2 old army medals when I was cleaning out the basement. They are both gold colored , round, and they both have what look like two upside down golf clubs that cross each other on one side of the medal. Does anyone know what these medals were for? I found these amoung my father's medals from when he got back from the Korean war in the 1954.

Thanks,

Bob

Ted Calver
03-12-2004, 12:02 PM
Bob,
How 'bout a picture? Easier to help if we can see them.
Ted

Ken Salisbury
03-12-2004, 12:05 PM
Hi:

This question is for anyone who served in the Korean War.

I found 2 old army medals when I was cleaning out the basement. They are both gold colored , round, and they both have what look like two upside down golf clubs that cross each other on one side of the medal. Does anyone know what these medals were for? I found these amoung my father's medals from when he got back from the Korean war in the 1954.

Thanks,

Bob
If you take a pic of them and e-mail to me (ken@oldrebelworkshop.com)I might be able to identify them for you. If I can't I have a friend who is a retired Colonel who also served, as I did during the Korean war who probably can.

Don Abele
03-12-2004, 1:16 PM
Bob, I snagged the CD our admin people have with all the medals/awards on it. Here are pics of the Korea specific medals. If it's not one of these, then it's probably a service specific medal and a pic would help a lot. The name of the pics is the name of the actual medal.

Let me know if this helps.

Don Abele
03-12-2004, 1:17 PM
Here's the last one...