PDA

View Full Version : Turning Classes

Ron Hardy
02-23-2008, 2:23 PM
Just maybe a small gloat-- Late in December I called the Marc Adams school to try and register for a Alan Lacer class on turning. Of course I was way too late -it was filled. I did put my name down on the list if anyone cancelled out. I didn't think that would happen either.
Well yesterday I got a call from the school telling me that there was so much response for the class they decided to have another class in September with Alan Lacer. Was wanting to know if I was still interested. Very calmly I told them yes I would be interested. A week long class on turning. I would look forward to it. ( envision a fat bald headed old man doing a jig in the middle of the kitchen-Thats how calm I became after hanging up ) Thanks for letting me tell someone .

Arlan Ten Kley
02-23-2008, 3:20 PM
That is great news, Ron! We had Alan Lacer at the club last month for a demo and it was great! Be prepared to intimately know and become proficient with the skew! He also demonstrated the fabrication of one of is hook tools, which was fascinating.

I'm just a bit envious! What a great opportunity!

Ken Fitzgerald
02-23-2008, 3:42 PM
Ron.......Congratulations! I'd be so lucky!

Steve Schlumpf
02-23-2008, 4:39 PM
Ron - Congrats on such a great gloat! Looking forward to reading all about your class - along with photos!!!

John Sheets
02-23-2008, 8:19 PM
Ron,
I also saw Alan at a turning club meeting a few months ago. He is a very sharp guy, a riveting speaker, and needless to say a turning wizard. I know you will enjoy this class immensely and also get a vast amount of knowledge.
I would also be willing to bet that you go home with a new 1 3/8" skew ;-)
JS