PDA

View Full Version : Decided to take the plunge!!

Jason Smalling
02-23-2008, 3:58 AM
Well, I decided to make a big purchase and buy the Pinnacle M series laser engraver. I also purchased the rotary attachment. I looked at several models for the last few months and finally decided on this one. With features like the opening sides to accommodate larger items, and an overall larger work area, it seemed like a nice fit. I am going to purchase an exhaust fan and compressor for the air assist, and perhaps a separate desktop computer to install just graphics software.
I have been doing engraving on wood, mirrors, and glass for a couple of years by hand. I also do portraits, and wine flutes, for weddings. The demand got so extreme, that I wanted something that would make like a little easier. With the detail this can do, it makes my other work look like something done by a pre-schooler. LOL. I seen the aztec calendar done by epilog, and was high impressed, and started to buy from them. But then, pinnacle said they could do the aztec calender with greater detail. I seen it cut out the exact calendar as epilog, and pinnacle even was able to spell out my name on the tongue in the middle of it. You can see it through a magnifying glass. Now that was IMPRESSIVE. It is suppose to arrive on Tuesday, and I am very anxious as another toy arrives.
I wanted to know what others felt their best selling products were. Photographs, key chains, plaques etc... Now that I have a laser engraver, I wanted to expand my item base, and get into being able to do more things, but dont want to waist money on things that dont make a profit. You know what I mean? Well, I appreciate all the help in advance, and cant wait to hear from everyone. Thanks!

Bill Cunningham
02-23-2008, 9:59 PM
Well Jason, welcome to the world of lasers.. The title of your message reminded me of an old sign..
"Let he who takes the plunge, remember to return it by Tuesday" :D

And, I'm sure the battle of the Aztec Calendars will continue until the calendar itself expires in 2012... :rolleyes:

Jason Smalling
02-24-2008, 12:33 AM
Bill, I am sure you are right! The battle will always involve who can get the most detail from an object. With technology increasing every second, pretty soon you wont even need to scan the object, just think about it. LOL. I hope I make my investment worth while. I always believed that if you are going to be making money with tools, the tools' price should not be an object. Maybe its just me.:confused:

Mike Null
02-24-2008, 8:33 AM
Jason

Welcome. I hope you have a lot of fun and good luck with the new toy.