PDA

View Full Version : Vegas ARA

Craig Hogarth
02-22-2008, 7:10 PM
Wife and I are taking the kids down to Circus Circus for a short family vacation while I do the ARA. Anyone else going? I'll be attending on the 28th and 29th.

Dee Gallo
02-22-2008, 7:36 PM
I wish, you lucky dog! I'll be thinking of you while we freeze. Have a great time and send us a full report on all the new stuff.

- dee

Craig Hogarth
02-22-2008, 7:45 PM
You should definately check out the Atlantic City one.

Gary Shoemake
02-22-2008, 8:10 PM
Talking to the ARA officials last year they informed me that they were discontinuing the East Coast Show. I live 35 miles south of AC what as bummer. I had plans to go to Vegas then the upstairs furnace dicided to not work, ended up replacing it and some duct work, so there went the trip.

The ARA show in Vegas is awesome been there twice and the East Coast Show twice. Like a kid in a candy store.

Scott Shepherd
02-22-2008, 8:31 PM
If you are in the north east, the United States Sign Council's SignWorld is excellent, if you make any sort of signs.

http://www.ussc.org/main_signworld.html

I really enjoyed it last year and will be going again if my schedule permits at that time. This time I'll be sure to take some of the seminars. They had some amazing people there teaching techniques on a variety of topics.

It's in Atlantic City.

David Lavaneri
02-22-2008, 8:46 PM
ARA Las Vegas will be the only ARA show this year. They've dropped the regional shows altogether.

I'll be there, along with a bunch of my closest friends.

:)

David "The Stunt Engraver" Lavaneri

Gary Shoemake
02-22-2008, 9:57 PM
Don't rub it in David.:(

Rick Larson
02-22-2008, 11:45 PM
What is the ARA? And is that February 28,29?

Jim Good
02-23-2008, 4:02 AM
Awards and Recognition Association (ARA) It's from Feb 25-29. You have 2 full days of seminars and 3 days of the trade show with some seminars going each day.

It'll be my first time going. I'm excited!!!

For those who have been to the show, do most businesses buy their upcoming inventory at the show or just shop for new products they may want to carry? I'm curious how much buying happens at this show. I guess with the show specials it may save to load up on some things if you can get a discount.

Jim

Craig Hogarth
02-23-2008, 4:18 AM
There's a lot of buying at the shows. About every other exhibitor will have some kind of special going, some better than others. My purpose this year is to look primarily for non engravable products that I wanna add to my store.

Mike Null
02-23-2008, 5:31 AM
Jim

It's rare for businesses to buy a lot inventory at these shows--at least not more than can be used in 90 days or so. But it is a time to look for equipment as there are a lot of deals. In many cases the deals will last long enough for you to go home and arrange financing if necessary. (people who use a lot of imported goods may take this opportunity to put together a large order for direct import)

The beauty of this show is that the major equipment suppliers will be there with most of their line and with plenty of people. Naturally, you see what's new in equipment as well as merchandise. Plus you'll see some techniques you have seen or heard of before.

In the engraving business this is the show. as you know there are regional shows sponsored by NBM which combine signs, fabrics and engraving and they are worthwhile becasue they combine these things.

Jim Good
02-23-2008, 11:02 AM
I may be in the market for some shears. Maybe Accu-cutters won't want to pack everything after the show and they will give me a great bargain! :D I can buy the demo and tuck it under my arms and head home!

Mike, I may need you to do some CLTT for me if you've got some time. I need a color name plate for an exhibit I helped design for NASA that will go in the Space & Rocket Center. It'll have the NASA logo and my day-job logo on it and I think it really needs to be in color. I'll get some dimensions and shoot you an email.

Jim

Bill Cunningham
02-23-2008, 10:14 PM
I may be in the market for some shears. Maybe Accu-cutters won't want to pack everything after the show and they will give me a great bargain! :D I can buy the demo and tuck it under my arms and head home!

Jim

I don't imagine they would be much different than most other companies at trade shows.. They would much rather sell it, than pack it up and take it home.. I know in my past trade, we would quite often buy the entire booth stock from some suppliers at the shows, and get a great deal because they didn't have to pack anything up but their booth hardware.. I'm sure they would accept any reasonable offer along with the others that will join you in the bidding war :)

Kelly Bingham
02-23-2008, 10:21 PM
WWWHHHHAAAAAA I dont get to go this year! And NO regional shows?!? that stinks!!!:mad:

Mike Null
02-24-2008, 8:50 AM
Jim

Just send along the file.

I believe it's accu cutter that has a 13" guillotine (4001)that looks to me like the best small metal cutter on the market. This one's around $1000 new but is a lifetime machine.

Have a great show--and good weather too! Pass along my regards to the EEO gang.

Kelly

There is an NBM show in Long Beach in July.