curtis rosche
02-22-2008, 5:11 PM
found an whiteoak blist burl wedge wwill on the a 30mile hike

curtis rosche
02-24-2008, 8:21 PM
nobody like this or something?

Greg Ketell
02-25-2008, 12:20 AM
Is that one piece or two? Of the four pictures I see what looks to me like at least two different pieces.

If it is one, it looks "incomplete" to me. Like this is the rough turned stage.

You asked! :eek:

curtis rosche
02-25-2008, 3:30 PM
its one. i couldnt go any further with it ......there are some really really thin spots and i didnt want hole........ it was just a scrap peice that some one had cut into a wedge

Glenn Hodges
02-25-2008, 3:50 PM
Curtis, you did not ask us for comments or a critique of this piece, but it sounds as if you want some so here goes. I think I would have tried to make a smaller piece and gotten it more symetrical, but that is just my frame of mind because I live in a round world down here in these South Georgia woods. Your comment that it is thin in an area leaves me with the thought you are probably about as far as you can go with it. I don't care for the thick lip, how about you? Some pieces of wood just don't pan out, I speak to the wood, but it doesn't hear what I say to often. I have a piece of camphor root that is challenging me. I have pored some casting resin mixed with ground up shavings into a big void to get it balanced so I can turn it and it will look something like a bowl. I will post it one of these days if it does not blow up and become firewood like a lot of my other creations. Good luck with this one, and learn something from it......