PDA

View Full Version : first bowl i turned crituqe

curtis rosche
02-22-2008, 4:02 PM
this is the first bowl i turned this fall first thing ever turned
finished with friction polish

rings from top to bottom: white oak, cherry, red oak, walnut, and the base is purpleheart

this is the first of a couple posts of what i have done

Scott Hubl
02-22-2008, 4:27 PM
First turning and you choose segmented too!

Looks nice keep on turning!

Ben Gastfriend
02-22-2008, 4:55 PM
Looks great. Nice job with the segments, the joints look nice and tight.

"It just takes the right equipment," I always say. Then I say something like "oh, yeah, I don't have the right equipment!"

Tom Sherman
02-23-2008, 11:29 AM
Nice work there Curtis looks very nice.

Bernie Weishapl
02-23-2008, 11:31 AM
Nice work Curtis for a first. Keep it so you can compare a year or two down the road.

George Guadiane
02-23-2008, 2:28 PM
REALLY???
I suppose your first mechanical project was to build the lathe that you turned this on :eek:!
Gotta say that I am impressed. Your joints look great and the form, overall is very good... Looks like the inside matches the outside (uniform contours) and the finish looks good!
As a critique, I might have wanted to see a much lower foot, to be in line with current styles... Or a pedestal foot (higher).
But that doesn't matter if you like it.

Only one question - what are you going to do for an encore?

Steve Schlumpf
02-23-2008, 10:35 PM
Curtis - I'm also impressed! Beautiful joints, wood color combination, form and finish! Make sure you sign your work and keep it - there is only one first! Watch out for this turning stuff - it gets addictive very quickly!

robert hainstock
02-24-2008, 3:39 PM
It is a nice bowl And I too like the form. And The slender and graceful form, too.:):)
Bob