PDA

View Full Version : Some of my first "Inside-Out" Ornaments

Royce Meritt
02-22-2008, 11:07 AM
A couple of weeks ago I asked for advice and got some good tips. Thanks to everyone who helped me out.

Here are some of my first "Inside-Out" turned ornaments. Not too bad for some of my first efforts. I have some work to do on getting the finials, etc. to look the way I want them and I'm not sure the little snowman and christmas tree I turned for a couple of them are quite the look I was going for but I'll keep trying.

Anyway, take a look. I welcome all critiques. Thanks.

Bernie Weishapl
02-22-2008, 1:10 PM
For your first they look great. I think the snowmen and the tree are fine. Well done.

Steve Schlumpf
02-22-2008, 2:23 PM
Royce - I agree with Bernie - for your first ones I think they look great! Keep turning!

Scott Lux
02-22-2008, 2:23 PM
I agree, well done.

I see from your tag line you're a fisherman too. I can't be the only one who's thought about turning a float. (Float is a fancy word for bobber)

Ben Gastfriend
02-22-2008, 4:49 PM
Nice work! I did one of those for my mom and she loved it. A really neat effect is achieved if you use two different contrasting woods across from eachother like this:

-----/ / /
-----/ / /
-----/ / /
/ / / -----
/ / / -----
/ / / -----

Wally Wenzel
02-22-2008, 8:20 PM
Royce, Very nice,I was going to bring a couple of mine to the next meeting but after seeing yours maybe not Wally

Royce Meritt
02-22-2008, 10:38 PM
Royce, Very nice,I was going to bring a couple of mine to the next meeting but after seeing yours maybe not Wally

Hey Wally! Look forward to seeing you at the next meeting. PLease bring some of your ornaments. I would love to see them.

Ken Fitzgerald
02-22-2008, 10:40 PM
Nicely done Royce! Those are on my list of turnings to do for next Christmas.

Larry Marley
02-23-2008, 1:35 PM
Nice Ornaments Royce,
Some people get a little cranky if I sing Jingle Bells before Thanksgiving. I am glad to see someone else in the Christmas spirit.

Larry