PDA

View Full Version : American Sycamore Woodworking School

Bob Holzknecht
02-21-2008, 10:43 PM
I was wondering if anyone knows what has happened to this school . Their website is not up to date and another forum said they are not answering messages .

D.McDonnel "Mac"
02-22-2008, 3:38 PM
Bob,

I have been an instructor at ASWR for the last couple of years and a friend to Mike and Dana the proprieters of the school for longer than that. I can't get ahold of them either. This school was a dream of Mike's for years so I hope and pray that this is a temporary problem that can get cleared up and that ASWR can continue on into the future.

Mac

dave sandridge
03-11-2008, 3:17 AM
I got email from them back in february and after Mike's heart attack in december they had sold lodge and would have a limited schedule. On Cloverdale topix thread one poster said they hadn't paid some instructors and some creditors. I knew Mike had no health insurance. So I hope also they can get it together.

dave sandridge Chidwick student June 2007

Paul Johnstone
03-11-2008, 7:59 AM
That's sad news Dave. I hope he recovers. Life just isn't fair. The guy finally gets his dream off the ground and life comes unraveled..

dave sandridge
03-13-2008, 6:46 AM
There is a new post on Cloverdale topix

I also looked up John Garrison's phone number but decided not to call and ask for more info. Mike could have posted more info on web site or answered his phone and email. So I decided to repect privacy. However we talked a lot about his health and lack of insurance coverage. I hope it all works out. I enjoyed the 10 days and John was so helpful to me.

dave sandridge
03-19-2008, 8:20 PM
Andy Chidwick has some info posted on Cloverdale Topix. Says Mike hoping to reopen in summer Hopefully he can pull it off.

dave sandridge
02-07-2009, 6:17 AM
I just returned from American Sycamore. Spent a week there with two friends working on a cherry corner cupboard. John Garrison was there one day and Don Carney from Indianapolis every day helping teach. A great week. There was another student working on oak cabinets.

Dave Hasson
07-14-2010, 3:19 PM
I just noticed the website had been transferred over to John Garrison. My wife and I attended a class in January this year and were a bit concerned about Mike. The tables we made had numerous errors. Some of the instruction seemed dangerous. Mike was a great guy, but there was obviously something going on. I hope everything will begin to work out for him again. If anyone has any updates, please post them. Thanks!

EDIT TO ADD - yikes!! I just saw how old this thread was. I did a search and didn't really pay attention to the dates.