PDA

View Full Version : Newbie in Idaho checking in

Dave Westover
02-21-2008, 10:41 PM
Hello all,

Wondered if there were any others near SE Idaho here. Im near the Idaho Falls area.

Looking to pick up some tools, lumber and advice when the price is right and the opportunity presents itself. Ive had to move my shop into the basement for winter, but spring is coming and Im itching to start on some of the larger projects I have in mind. Id like to check out some other home shops too.

Anyway, hi neighbors.

Ken Fitzgerald
02-21-2008, 10:45 PM
Welcome to the Creek Dave! Wade right in the water's fine! I'm a northern neighbor.

Walt Nicholson
02-21-2008, 10:50 PM
Welcome Dave, I'm just a little further north of Ken in Post Falls. Craigslist in our area has had a lot of good deals on tools lately. Would be a good weekend road trip for you.

Brian Brown
02-22-2008, 1:24 AM
Dave,

I'm just a bit nearer than Ken and Walt. I'm in Idaho Falls. Spend most of my time in the wood turning section. Welcome to the group!

Dave Verstraete
02-22-2008, 7:05 AM
Welcome to another Dave!!! I'm just a little East of you.

Dave Westover
02-22-2008, 11:00 AM
Appreciate the welcome!

Brent Ring
02-22-2008, 11:03 AM
Dave,

I posted this in the classifieds, but it will be useful for you in SE Idaho.

I recently discovered a "boutique" style hardwood lumber source for all in the areas mentioned.

Urban Hardwood Products, Inc.
708 W. 1800 N. 6B
Logan, UT 84321

1-435-752-5851

They specialize in tree removal and have a woodmizer that they use to cut up the logs into lumber. They also have a separate cabinet business.

Elmer Kingsford, and Ken Merrick are the 2 "seasoned" owners, and are great to deal with. Everything is by appointment, and they cut trees, when its "not raining, not snowing, not dinner time, and the fish are'nt bitin" :)

Great Prices - Black wlanut $3.50 /ft, Elm, and western Red Cedar, $3/ft and a huge variety of other species. I picked up a couple of beautiful book-matched cedar boards, and will be posting pics here soon.

Just a couple of older great guys having fun and saving landfills! Check 'em out!

Ken Fitzgerald
02-22-2008, 11:04 AM
It just dawned on me.....we might be approaching 8-10 Idahoans at the Creek. Now someone besides me can reply..."Yes .....there really is a State called Idaho.":rolleyes::D

Glenn Clabo
02-22-2008, 12:29 PM
And all along I thought it was just a potato.

Dave Westover
02-22-2008, 5:19 PM
Dave,

I posted this in the classifieds, but it will be useful for you in SE Idaho.

I recently discovered a "boutique" style hardwood lumber source for all in the areas mentioned.

Urban Hardwood Products, Inc.
708 W. 1800 N. 6B
Logan, UT 84321

1-435-752-5851

They specialize in tree removal and have a woodmizer that they use to cut up the logs into lumber. They also have a separate cabinet business.

Elmer Kingsford, and Ken Merrick are the 2 "seasoned" owners, and are great to deal with. Everything is by appointment, and they cut trees, when its "not raining, not snowing, not dinner time, and the fish are'nt bitin" :)

Great Prices - Black wlanut $3.50 /ft, Elm, and western Red Cedar, $3/ft and a huge variety of other species. I picked up a couple of beautiful book-matched cedar boards, and will be posting pics here soon.

Just a couple of older great guys having fun and saving landfills! Check 'em out!

Yes, I saw that. Thanks for the info.

Dave Westover
02-22-2008, 5:23 PM
Dave,

I'm just a bit nearer than Ken and Walt. I'm in Idaho Falls. Spend most of my time in the wood turning section. Welcome to the group!

Im up the road in St Anthony actually, but I work in the falls. Good to know im not alone out here ;)