PDA

View Full Version : Oneida Shipment

Dave Verstraete
02-21-2008, 6:25 PM
I recently received my Oneida Portable. I guess that I just got tired of all the dust. I've been looking at it for a while and decided to pull the trigger. This is the first attempt a a picture posting so bear with me. I see how to do two pics but the third isn't loading

Mike Spanbauer
02-21-2008, 6:35 PM
Grats Dave! That's the portable cyclone right?

Lots of cardboard huh? ;) They sure do know how to package well.

mike

Jim Becker
02-21-2008, 8:24 PM
Very nice. I've heard good things about this unit. Do be sure to report more and also post some more pictures as you assemble it!

Dave Hale
02-21-2008, 8:43 PM
Do you really need it?
I mean, your floor is sooooooo clean now...... ;)
Congrats! Don't forget to review it when it's up and running.

Dave Verstraete
02-21-2008, 9:47 PM
Do you really need it?
I mean, your floor is sooooooo clean now...... ;)
Congrats! Don't forget to review it when it's up and running.

I cleaned it up for the pictures. I have some more fittings coming from Oneida. I swear they sell the collectors so that they can sell you the fittings! They don't give those away.

It is a little noisier than my previous collector (1/2 hp. Shopsmith)

Ken Fitzgerald
02-21-2008, 10:00 PM
Dave,

I ended up with the 3 hp Gorilla and it's almost installed.

I bought my pipe from Oneida and I agree with you.....whew!

Give us a detailed report on your DC after you have used it for a while!

Dave Verstraete
02-21-2008, 10:13 PM
I'm not sure that I can give any kind of comparison since I have only had the 1/2 hp DC. It sure has more suction than that! I intend to have a wye with one side permanently hooked to the PM66 and the other able to be move via Quik Connect to my Band saw, planer, jointer. I will have a blast gates immediately after the wye.

Rod Upfold
02-21-2008, 10:46 PM
So of reminds you of Christmas when kids were small...part #6 fits into part #12 - what in blazes is part #12 - where in the hell is part #12 - no frigging picture of part #12.

Rod

gary Zimmel
02-21-2008, 10:50 PM
Dave

Congrads on the new toy.. it looks great!

Steve Rozmiarek
02-22-2008, 2:15 AM
Congrats Dave! Ken and I seem to be installing the same cyclone at the same time, a 3hp beast, after lifting that heavy motor and fan up eight feet, I can certainly see some benefits to yours! Enjoy!

Dave Verstraete
02-22-2008, 7:04 AM
Congrats Dave! Ken and I seem to be installing the same cyclone at the same time, a 3hp beast, after lifting that heavy motor and fan up eight feet, I can certainly see some benefits to yours! Enjoy!

Yeh.... I only had to lift a 2 1/2 hp up to 5 feet. With my limited height in the basement, this one fits my bill.

Mike Spanbauer
02-22-2008, 11:40 AM
Bah... try the 5hp unit up 9' with the 14.5 (or 15", can't recall) impeller ;)

Nearly killed me

mike

Steve Rozmiarek
02-22-2008, 2:46 PM
Sensing a pattern here, I wonder if Onieda will sell my new invention. Motor lifter bait. 12 pack of beer, sure to attract buddies and freeloaders!

Dave Verstraete
02-22-2008, 3:02 PM
Just make sure that they can't get to the "bait" till the job is done! Maybe you'll need a "stuporvisor" for the bait.