PDA

View Full Version : in search of eagle vector

Craig Hogarth
02-21-2008, 2:48 PM
I am in big need of an eagle to make this logo work. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike Null
02-21-2008, 2:59 PM
Craig

This might work.

Craig Hogarth
02-21-2008, 3:04 PM
thanks Mike. I need one with the view from the top, but worst case scenario, is that i can use the detail from the wings to make a new one. It's the darned feathers that I'm having a hard time drawing :)

Cary Fleming
02-21-2008, 6:07 PM
Craig,

How about this one?

Craig Hogarth
02-21-2008, 6:27 PM
thanks Cary, that has the body and head that i'm looking for. I found that if I flip mike's eagle upside down, it almost gives me the wings i'm looking for. I'm definately much closer than where I was this morning. thanks.

Frank Corker
02-21-2008, 8:58 PM
Craig I think that these would be easily be tweeked to fit your criteria.

Nazmy Wasfy
02-21-2008, 10:58 PM
I am in big need of an eagle to make this logo work. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Craig,

Try these, one is just a vector, in case you need to cut it out.
Hope this will work for you!

Naz
NaSa Engravers82240

Nazmy Wasfy
02-21-2008, 11:03 PM

Sorry Craig,
Could not attach the second file...
Here it is

Naz

Craig Hogarth
02-22-2008, 4:42 AM
thanks for the help guys. I was able to get enough pieces to make one i needed.

Frank Corker
02-22-2008, 6:33 AM
CRAIG HOLD THE FORT! I have it. I know I have a penchent for eating hats from my previous posts, but I believe I am ready to eat another one if this is not it EXACTLY! Try moving the smaller eagle over the picture that you posted. They are all in eps and resizeable. To be honest I'm kicking myself for not figuring it out earlier, I still have the cop in me I guess. They are all in eps and resizeable now

Craig Hogarth
02-22-2008, 12:28 PM
frank you never cease to amaze me. I get a lot of horrible stuff like this from our base here

Frank Corker
02-22-2008, 1:15 PM
I knew it! I did get it didn't I.

Belinda Barfield
02-22-2008, 3:03 PM
Nice dance Frank! You know we never doubted that you would come through.

Ricky Gore
02-22-2008, 11:11 PM
Well, I guess I'm too late, but if nothing else this is a good thread to find eagles now. I did an experiment. This is a comparison of Vector Magic and the Trace utility in Corel Draw X3. I saved in v9 for compatibility. Let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Ricky

Eagle (http://www.chiggerhill.com/RG_Eagle(9).zip)

Frank Corker
02-23-2008, 5:52 AM
The vector magic trace that you did seems to be more sharp than the Corel trace, however the picture that I posted I'd already cleaned up, sharpened and lightened. Using the highest settings with the least amount of smoothing and the most amount of detail will reveal comparitive results as the Vector Magic.

The only reason I had done that is because this is for a raster project which Craig posted originally, the overall size of the finished piece is unlikely to be affected to such a degree that minor imperfections will be noticed. It can in fact hinder the finished result where too much detail can cause the laser to obliterate too much of the work piece, especially in the case of wood. I only converted it to EPS so that it could be resized to fit the background of the plaque which has other graphic work on it. Normally I would go for the photograv option as the subject matter was a photograph.

I found on the very rare occasions that I used Vector Magic that it wasn't up to the job, speed wise and that Corel's trace was overall pretty good but much quicker. That said the one in your example was very sharp.

Tony Williams
02-25-2008, 11:38 AM
anyone have any religious files you might want to share, Cross, Praying hands, christ head, thanks

Bill Cunningham
02-26-2008, 8:17 PM
If you do a search Tony, you should be able to find lots.. I think Frank uploaded a 'godsquad' type zip file a while back, and I have seen several praying hands posted on requests..

Ricky Gore
02-27-2008, 4:01 PM
I guess one way to l;ook at it, is that the Vector Magic made 1362 objects and Corel made 805. So, VM must have more detail. But, as you mentioned, in this case I was starting off with a hi resolution image, and I'm sure it would look better done through Photograv than converting to vector. I'm learning a lot as I go. Thanks for all the input.