PDA

View Full Version : Mini Alignment

Brian Robison
02-21-2008, 2:11 PM
Hi all,
I was just looking at the instructions for the Mini alignment and was wondering something that might be a short cut. The manual has you engraving a small square in the corner and lining up the red dot pointer somehow.
What if you used the new center to center engraving feature to help align the red dot pointer with the real laser beam? Peck?

Roy Brewer
02-22-2008, 1:28 AM
The manual has you engraving a small square in the corner and lining up the red dot pointer somehow.
What if you used the new center to center engraving feature to help align the red dot pointer with the real laser beam? Brian,
Since Peck hasn't responded, I'll take a stab at clarifying your question.

The square in the corner is used to set/test precise origin.

To align your laser, first step is to be sure the diode pointer and the laser share the same path. You use the target that snaps into the lens assembly (check your accessories bag) to do that.

Depending on which operation of which you are in need, instructs are pretty straightforward. But offhand, I can't see how the center/center can help with either.

Brian Robison
02-22-2008, 8:08 AM
That's for the response Roy.
What if you drew a target and centered it to the page in Corel. Now use the center to center feature to engrave it. With your red pointer on it should align exactly to the center of the target, right? I just used the center to center the other day and it seems to me the home position was in the center of the page. I haven't tried this, maybe I'll look at it this weekend.