PDA

View Full Version : desk sides out of square

Mike Watts
02-21-2008, 10:43 AM
Howdy all,
I am attempting to build a pedestal desk out of QSWO. This is the hardest project I have undertaken so far and would like some advice. When I set the side panels on top of each other the top and bottoms are aligned but the sides are 1/16 inch off from the top of the panel to the bottom which is flush. Hope this visual picture is clear. My question is if this is ok or should I square the panels with each other but that means that they are smaller than the base which is already made. In hind site I should have made the sides and back and then the base.
Thanks,
Mike

Jamie Buxton
02-21-2008, 10:55 AM
Do these sides enclose drawers? If so, I'd make them parallel. Making drawers is difficult enough without having to make them tapered.

Joe Chritz
02-21-2008, 12:37 PM
I am not sure what that means completely. One side is slightly narrower in width than the other?

Measure each piece diagonally and make sure they are exactly the same both directions on both pieces. If they are then both are identical.

If they are not the same it will make all kinds of problems down the road. A good construction project begins with a good foundation.

Joe

glenn bradley
02-21-2008, 1:23 PM
A picture is worth a thousand words in this case.