PDA

View Full Version : settlement of class action suit for air compressors

nic obie
03-11-2004, 4:29 PM
I saw this on another forum. It may be of interest to some here. Almost all the little compressors will qualify.

http://www.aircompressorsettlement.com//

Chris Padilla
03-11-2004, 5:06 PM
I saw this on another forum. It may be of interest to some here. Almost all the little compressors will qualify.

http://www.aircompressorsettlement.com//

Interesting, my Sears Pro model AC doesn't qualify!

I just recently received a class action lawsuit claim form (I guess you could call it) for illegally imposed reconveyance fees levied by a mortage company when I refied out of their loan. I had this loan from CitiFinancial like 2-3 years ago. I might have a $100 coming back to me out of this! Whoo-hoo! :D However, I guess it take a long time to get any money back....

nic obie
03-11-2004, 5:20 PM
[QUOTE=Chris Padilla]Interesting, my Sears Pro model AC doesn't qualify!

QUOTE]

That is interesting. Sears is known for their ridiculous HP claims. I wonder how they stayed out of the lawsuit?

Bud Duffy
03-11-2004, 6:01 PM
Now lets see just how long it takes them to get me my $50 worth of new hoses for my DeVellbiss Pro 4000 that they did me so wrong telling me it was actually a 3.5 HP and it isnt , shame on them. HAHAHAHA!!!

Ted Shrader
03-11-2004, 6:15 PM
Saw that in the Sunday paper. Don't run right out, though. The settlement won't be approved until mid-December 2004. You will have until the end of January 2005 to file for your stuff.

I qualify for two different ones. One from Devilbiss and one from Campbell Hausfeld. Yeah.

Ted

Steve Clardy
03-11-2004, 6:58 PM
Thanks for the post. I have three 6 gallon pancake compressors that fall into this catagory. Steve

nic obie
03-11-2004, 10:06 PM
Thanks for the post. I have three 6 gallon pancake compressors that fall into this catagory. Steve

Don't you just love the internet...

5 or 7 years ago we would never have known.

Ron Jones near Indy
03-11-2004, 10:22 PM
Mine is 3 months too old to qualify. Oh well; it still does what I wanted it to do when I bought it.

David Rose
03-12-2004, 3:40 AM
I got involved in one of these once. It was over a product that we sold and I hoped to get something just in case we ended up in the middle. The results of the suit were made public in an industry journal. We spent about 30 minutes filling out paper work. I guess our $1.30 check was as much as we had coming. :rolleyes: The journal article said that the lawyers made over a million on the 1.5M lawsuit.

Anyone can see that those little "cans" will not hold a 5 HP motor. And what difference does it make when that is not the spec that matters?

David, who thinks most suits keep lawyers employed and the rest of us paying

nic obie
03-14-2004, 9:10 PM
I got involved in one of these once. It was over a product that we sold and I hoped to get something just in case we ended up in the middle. The results of the suit were made public in an industry journal. We spent about 30 minutes filling out paper work. I guess our $1.30 check was as much as we had coming. :rolleyes: The journal article said that the lawyers made over a million on the 1.5M lawsuit.

Anyone can see that those little "cans" will not hold a 5 HP motor. And what difference does it make when that is not the spec that matters?

David, who thinks most suits keep lawyers employed and the rest of us paying

It's an easy $50 worth of stuff if you qualify. No receipts necessary.

I posted this twice on the main board but I guess the powers to be didn't think it was pertinent to woodworkers. 1st post was moved, 2nd post was whacked.

No biggie...

I got mine entered. :p