PDA

View Full Version : Deals at the WW Show this year? - Help needed

Derek Hansen
02-20-2008, 11:16 PM
I am in the market for the following:

1) Rikon 10-325 14" Band Saw
2) Steel City 17" Drill Press
3) Jet Jointer/Planer Combo Machine or maybe an 8" jointer and lunchbox planer instead.

I know some people have posted that you can't deal directly with the dealers this year and that all the purchases go through some large retailer. Has this been true of all of the shows this year or just some?

Is anyone going to the Milwaukee show that wouldn't mind getting prices on these while they're there? Basically I'm trying to figure out if I should jump on the 10% off sale at Woodcraft in a few weeks or wait until the show gets to Houston in April.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Mike Heidrick
02-20-2008, 11:52 PM
The steel city boys were $1299 on the 17" and it came with three blades. MAP and no deals. I would go on Sunday if you are looking for deals. On Friday there was no dealing from the SC booth.

I did not see Rikon there in st. Louis.

The Jet dealer looked the most approachable but I did not see the combo there at all.

John Thompson
02-21-2008, 1:17 AM
You don't see deals at shows much anymore, Derek. Sometimes.. you don't even see certain vendors as Rikon is not likely to show.. Grizzly doesn't do shows except for the large IWF in Atlanta and the Las Vegas show.

Steel City doesn't discount and I doubt Jet will at a show. You would have better luck with a dealer when sales are slow and he's hungry.. or when a rebate pops up from the manufacturer. You can find some deals on small items and the occasional dealer who would rather discount on Sunday in lieu of drag it back to the store. Doesn't hurt to ask!

Sarge..