PDA

View Full Version : Jet XACTA Deluxe base dimensions

Yun-Fong Loh
02-20-2008, 11:33 AM
As a hobbyist who worked through the galoot phase to norm phase back to a comfortable hybrid, I've lurked on this forum for a while to soak up information on table saws. So over the weekend I ordered the Jet and will be putting it on a mobile base. Can someone with this saw confirm for me that the base dimensions is 30" x 31". That's the number I got from JET's phone rep but it seems a bit on the big side to me considering most are in the 20"-25" ballpark.

Thanks!
Yun

Kacey Zach
02-20-2008, 6:21 PM
21in wide by 23in deep. That is what my Jet Deluxe measures.

Yun-Fong Loh
02-20-2008, 8:06 PM
Thanks, I thought 30" x 31" sounded off. She must have been quoting me the size of the pallet the saw ships on. Seems like HTC's HPS-10 would fit nicely.

Rick Gifford
02-20-2008, 8:43 PM
Do not trust Jets phone reps on base measurements. I called to find out what the base dimensions were for the 18" bandsaw that was on order to get the mobile base made and ready. Their dimensions were way off. I had to remake the base. Really urked me!

I might have spoke to the janitor, I dunno. You never know how competent the person on the other end of the line is!

I recommend just waiting and measuring your base. Only way to be 100% correct.

Jon Todd
02-20-2008, 9:07 PM
I have the new version with the riving knife and mine is about 23x21 about.

Yun-Fong Loh
02-21-2008, 11:34 AM
Jon, thanks for the 2nd. I will probably waiting as Rick advised, but at least I'll know which base to pull the trigger on.

Thanks all!