PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Idea for an extra TS fence

Steve Ulrich
03-11-2004, 12:09 PM
Hey,
I don't post very often but I have read and learned lots from the forum so far.

I happen to own both a 52" commercial Bies fence system and a 52" Unifence. Took the bies off of my old Craftsmen when I upgraded to a used Unisaw which had a Unifence.

I have recently moved into a new home which has a much smaller garage, err, workshop :D and am struggling finding room for storage and room for working. I'm considering cutting down (or trading someone) one of the 52" rails down to 30" to make the TS more manueverable in the 13x20 bay. I'm not quite ready to get rid of either of the fences until I decide which one I like better. I'm looking at creative ways to "store" the extra fence plus possibly get some use out the extra.

So here's the idea:

I was wondering if anyone has ever tried mounting a fence setup onto their workbench or assembly table. I seems it might be possible to set up something "similar" to a Festool MFT. Perhaps it would be easier to handle sheet goods on it?

Just thought I'd throw the idea out and let y'all bat it around.

thanks in advance,
Steve

Chris Padilla
03-11-2004, 12:27 PM
Steve,

I have a Shop Fox fence that came with my Grizzly TS (it now sports an Incra TS-3a) and I've stared at my workbench a few times wondering if it would do anything to mount the rails and fence to it.

So far I haven't done it and so far, I'm not what value it would add right now. The idea is still cruising through the vast openess of my brain and only occasionally glances off my skull! :D