PDA

View Full Version : I Made a $40 Mistake (Your Gain)

Lance Norris
02-20-2008, 12:45 AM
Last year, I bought a Delta Inboard French Curl Tool Rest w/1" diameter shank, for making bowls. I finally got around to using it. I have a Jet 1236 and decided that this tool rest was too high. So, I cut the shank down, but as things can sometimes go wrong, I cut too much off. I know I could have it welded back on, but being the type of person I am, instead of having it fixed, I ordered a new one. I dont want to try and sell it, so I figured if someone here at the Creek could use it, and would be willing to pay $10 shipping, I will give it to the first Private Message for free. I would prefer paypal for the shipping, but would take a check or money order via mail.

Here are some pics and a few measurements. First, there is 2-1/16" of post still attached. In its cut off state, the tool rest is 3-7/8" total top to bottom, that is top of the rest to the bottom of the shank. There is 1-3/8" of cut off shank available to be welded back on if you choose to do so. As I mentioned above, the diameter of the shank is 1".

Private message me with your email address and I will reply with my address. I hope someone can use this. Thanks.

Kenneth Hertzog
02-20-2008, 7:11 AM
lance
sent you a pm
ken

Lance Norris
02-20-2008, 2:23 PM
Thanks people. The tool rest has a potential home.