PDA

View Full Version : Wet/Dry Vacuum Died today

Gary Keedwell
02-19-2008, 8:05 PM
My Crapsman Wet/Dry Vac. bit the dust today. he! he! :rolleyes: A guy from WOOD mag. went to a Builder's Show and reported about this vacuum. It looks good but costs $300. It promises you can vac drywall dust in clients home and not spread it around. Also, filter stays dry when you vac liquids. I like that.
Here's a video......
http://www.dustlesstechnologies.com/DustMuzzle_Videos.php

Gary JUst click on the Wet/dry picture on the bottom row.

Mike Cutler
02-19-2008, 8:37 PM
Gary

It looks like a nice vac, and the price is comparable to an Fein,and a bit less than a Festool.
How loud was it.?

Eric Haycraft
02-19-2008, 8:50 PM
Looked ok. Like Mike said, you are getting into festool/fein territory at that price. Also, festool/fein can be outfitted with true hepa filters and both have much larger companies backing up/supporting them. The primary filter cleaner seemed a bit cheezy and if that motor draws anything under 15 amps it is not 2+ HP.

Randal Stevenson
02-20-2008, 9:53 AM
Video requires a plugin that isn't available on my browser AND OS type. So I had to look at the pictures/description of it.

Looks like a standard shop vac, with the old filter bags over the cartridge filter, then they use the paper bags as a prefilter. As for the filters not getting wet when sucking up liquids, my old shop vac said to remove the filters to suck up liquids, so they wouldn't get wet.

jason lambert
02-20-2008, 11:05 AM
I know nothing about it, however I can tell you most people use the fine or festool vacs I have both done dry wall with both and many other things they both have hepa filters and never had any dust come out. The only thing I can recomend if you are going to do sanding or drywall get one with a varable speed control or suction control. The Festool has this not sure who else does.

Clint Winterhalter
02-20-2008, 10:48 PM
I work for a specialty tool company that specializes in Drywall Finishing equipment. We sell their vac and sander attachment. It's about as noisy as a shop vac. The company started life as Loveless Vac. They changed the name of the company a year or so back. That's when Darren the guy in the video came on board as there VP of sales.

Like I said its a nice unit. We sell the vac for $299 and the sander attachment for $179.00. It does great with drywall dust and competes very nicely against the Porter Cable 7800 Drywall Sander. The 7800 regularly retails for $459, a PC vac retails for $270.00

If you finish sheet rock it's worth the investment. For wood working I thing there are other options worth considering..

Clint