PDA

View Full Version : Domino end stop problem

Dixon Peer
02-19-2008, 6:34 PM
I went to the show in Somerset, New Jersey and stopped by the Force Machinery exhibit to talk to the Festool people about the inaccuracy problem with the Domino end stops, or hammerhead attachments as I like to call them. The Festool employee I chatted with was very accommodating and we set up his demonstration machine with the end stops. He checked everything over very carefully, and proceeded to cut mortises in two boards, starting with the narrowest setting for the first mortise in each board for registration, then changing to the mid-sized setting for the rest of the slots. After stepping down each board for about six mortises, we compared the two for register and they ran out probably about two to three millimeters by the sixth slot. That's the same thing that happens with my machine in my shop. This is not the way the thing is supposed to work.

The Festool employee seemed a little rattled by this (there were some potential customers watching) and asked for my name and phone number. He said he'd work on this problem and call me when he figured it out. So far, no call.

I know others of you that frequent this forum have had the same problem. It seems to me that Festool should figure out what's wrong or give me a Kapex http://festoolownersgroup.com/Smileys/default/grin.gif.

Mark Carlson
02-19-2008, 10:47 PM
Dixon,

I have a domino but havn't used the end stops yet. I draw lines like I would for a biscuit joiner instead of trying to use the stops. You might want to ask your question at the festool owners group forum.

~mark

I see you already have:)

Steve Roxberg
02-20-2008, 7:57 AM
Dixon,

I had the exact same problem and subsequently quit using the Hammerheads as you call them. I'll draw lines in the future.

I did at the time speak with Festool and then took my unit in and calibrated the cutter to be perfectly centered in the head, but I haven't tried it sense. Just not worth the hassle.

I'll test it again this weekend and see if adjusting it fixed the problem.