PDA

View Full Version : Replaced my main board . . . all by myself

Belinda Barfield
02-19-2008, 3:16 PM
Being a techonology challenged individual, I was absolutely petrified at the prospect of installing a new control pad board and new main board on my laser. I managed to replace both all by my little lonesome self, and am actually quite proud. :D I know from the posts that many of you do your own switch outs of motors, etc., all the time. Is there anyone else out there a wee bit scared of doing this type of thing?

AL Ursich
02-19-2008, 3:51 PM
I love that new Acronym.... Technology Challenged Individual....

Congratulations !!!! Good Job !!!!!

I still have replacing the 2nd mirror on my things to do list.... Epilog even sent a switch box to fire the laser to help in alignment. They charged me the $100.00 for the loaner I am so far behind.....

I want to get a control board from my old Summit that runs on Win 95 that lets it run on XP. As soon as I get $700.00 together then it's digging into the control board for me too.

Good Luck and Good Job,

AL

Today's job fighting with a Epson R1800 with plugged heads doing Dye Sublimation.... It plugged 60 tags short of a 300 tag order.... :D:eek::D

Belinda Barfield
02-19-2008, 5:08 PM
Thanks Al! Glad I could give you a grin today. I am truly TCI. I was so glad when I turned 45 the other day and my hair is finally starting to turn grey. I'm blonde so I'm hoping the grey will make me a little smarter. ;)

No offense intended to any other blondes out there, I know lots of really smart blondes, I just ain't one of 'em!

Sandra Force
02-19-2008, 5:28 PM
I cringe evey time I tear into my lasers. At their cost it is intemidating to grab an allen wrench and start tearing things apart. I have had almost everything on both machines in pieces at one time or another and the hardest part is getting everything aligned correctly once you have the problem fixed without making another problem come up.

Frank Corker
02-19-2008, 5:43 PM
Well done Belinda. That's a job nobody would relish doing, good for you girl!

Doug Fennell
02-19-2008, 7:07 PM
Belinda, good for you. Sandra's correct by the way, allignment is the tedious part.

I've worked on large format copy and print equipment for about 20 years, so the mechanics and electronics are no problem, extremely similar in fact to the mechanics of every copy machine I've ever worked on. Both are nit picky in the area of allignment as well, and that's where the time goes to in the repair.

Bill Cunningham
02-19-2008, 8:26 PM
I'm blonde so I'm hoping the grey will make me a little smarter. ;)

No offense intended to any other blondes out there, I know lots of really smart blondes, I just ain't one of 'em!

You know of course, that gray hair is heriditary ..
You get it from your kids!:D

Belinda Barfield
02-19-2008, 8:39 PM
Gee Bill, I don't have kids. Maybe I'm getting it from my cat! Wait, how sad is that?:p

Sandra Force
02-20-2008, 1:06 PM
Belinda,

I read your signature for the first time and love it. :D

Belinda Barfield
02-20-2008, 2:18 PM
Thanks Sandee. I'm still waiting to be introduced to my new guardian angel. I'm fairly certain there is one flying around out there watching over me incognito!