PDA

View Full Version : Replacement hook&loop pad for ROS

Larry Browning
03-11-2004, 8:35 AM
While at Lowes this past weekend I picked up a glue on replacement pad for my ROS. What you do is sand off smooth the existing hooks with a provided piece of sticky backed sandpaper and glue on the new hook surface to that. It was only $5 so I thought what the heck and bought it. So before I actually destroyed my existing pad I thought I would ask you guys about this. Has anyone ever used this type of replacement kit? If so, does it work ok?

thanks,

Larry

Clyde McKinney
03-11-2004, 9:31 PM
While at Lowes this past weekend I picked up a glue on replacement pad for my ROS. What you do is sand off smooth the existing hooks with a provided piece of sticky backed sandpaper and glue on the new hook surface to that. It was only $5 so I thought what the heck and bought it. So before I actually destroyed my existing pad I thought I would ask you guys about this. Has anyone ever used this type of replacement kit? If so, does it work ok?

thanks,

Larry
Several years ago I did exactly what you have described and it has been
working for me very well since that time. In fact, I cut a 5" round piece of 1/8th piece of aluminum, drilled a center hole, and mounted it to my sander to use for stick-on sanding disks. That also works well when needed. Clyde

Don Henthorn Smithville, TX
03-11-2004, 11:08 PM
Yep. I bought some sheets of the material from Woodworkers Supply several years ago and I haven't had to buy a replacement pad for my Bosch since then. Saved the price of a router at least.