PDA

View Full Version : Pleasant purchasing experience at CoastalTool

Doug Arndt
02-19-2008, 12:39 PM
Bad experiences always show up, however, great service needs mentioning too.

I finally decided to buy the Bosch 1617EVSPK router and did some searching around. Among others, found CoastalTool. I wrote them an email, since the web description didn’t specify exactly which fixed base the units they sold contained. Received a quick reply and confirmed it was the latest model. So far so good, not only the best price, but in stock too.

However, I noticed a starter bit set at another site, that they didn’t carry, although they had the same brand bits. Sent another email, on Tue around noon. Received a reply later that afternoon, saying they didn’t stock it, but they placed orders every Wed and would have it on Thur. (and a better price)

So, called them 15 min before closing on Tue and placed the order, also expressing, again, my concern about the fixed base.
Wed I received a personal email confirming the base and my order.
Thur they received the bit set and shipped everything.
UPS did their normal great delivery and I received everything the following Monday.

Well done CoastalTool.

Rob Russell
02-19-2008, 12:48 PM
I work a few (like 3) miles from Coastal's home store. They are indeed a good bunch of folks to deal with. I've bought tools and machines from them since they were running out of a house with attached garage in back for storage.

Jim Becker
02-19-2008, 12:56 PM
I've had a number of pleasant purchasing experiences with Coastal Tool and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

fred woltersdorf
02-19-2008, 1:10 PM
I work a few (like 3) miles from Coastal's home store. They are indeed a good bunch of folks to deal with. I've bought tools and machines from them since they were running out of a house with attached garage in back for storage.

bob, i remember that store on a side street off farmington ave. i bought a makita corded drill that i still have today and can't kill, it must have been over 25 yrs ago.coastal tool is one of my goto stores, good people.

Greg Funk
02-19-2008, 1:13 PM
I prefer Coastaltool for online purchases. I've always had good experiences.

Greg

Curt Harms
02-19-2008, 2:40 PM
My source for Fein vacuum accessories, among other things.

James White
02-20-2008, 10:15 AM
I also had a pleasant experience with them. I stop in and purchased the delta contractor table saw. After getting home and before removing it from the truck I realized I was being foolish for not getting the hybrid version for $150 more. Called them up and they said no problem. Bring it back and get the machine you want.

James

Brian W Evans
08-04-2009, 3:52 PM
I just bought a Bosch 1591EVSK jig saw from Coastal Tool. I placed my order after the same-day shipping deadline yesterday, but my saw arrived today (approx. 24 hours later). Granted, it only had to go from CT to VT, but still...

Bottom line: fast shipping, great price.

Gonna have to think of something else to order now. :p

Peter Quinn
08-04-2009, 9:11 PM
My MIL lives right near the Coastal Tool store in West Hartford CT, and any trip to her house usually involves a trip to Coastal for me. I just go to look yet I have never left without buying something. Very good people to deal with in person, I have honestly never tried the web site. If I did my built in reason to excuse myself for a few hours when visiting the MIL would be gone. Please don't tell my wife they have a web site.

Dave Madd
08-05-2009, 7:02 AM
Nothing but good experience dealing with Coastal.

Mike Heidrick
08-05-2009, 7:08 AM
They had great prices on some Bucket Boss Framing Nailer bags and the Wide Mouth Bags so I ordered some a couple years ago. No issues and great transaction.

I also like their pictures of items on their site. Sometimes you can get a MUCH larger image of a tool from them. That can be handy sometimes as well.

glenn bradley
08-05-2009, 8:51 AM
I'll sometimes pay a bit more to get something from a company that has provided me good service. To get the service and the price too, that's great.

Sean Nagle
08-05-2009, 6:31 PM
My source for Fein vacuum accessories, among other things.

Absolutely, they carry practically every Fein vacuum accessory. I have no complaints about buying from them.