PDA

View Full Version : DC System Complete

Sean Troy
02-19-2008, 11:09 AM
I finally completed my DC System. I'm sure I'll make some changes as time goes on and new tools are added but for now, it is working much better than I could have hoped for. A lot more power than I thought it would have. http://www.woodturneddreams.com/shop.htm Some pictures of the shop setup. Sean

Rob Will
02-19-2008, 11:29 AM
Looks great Sean!

Rob

Gary Ratajczak
02-19-2008, 11:43 AM
Your tool selection is pretty comparable to what I have. I'm in a corner of the basement right now, and I have just started planning my future shop.

I am looking at building about 20' x XX (not determined) onto the back of my garage.

Now that you are setup, is it comfortable? What would you do different?

Thanks!!

GR

Sean Troy
02-19-2008, 12:11 PM
Your tool selection is pretty comparable to what I have. I'm in a corner of the basement right now, and I have just started planning my future shop.

I am looking at building about 20' x XX (not determined) onto the back of my garage.

Now that you are setup, is it comfortable? What would you do different?

Thanks!!

GR
Mine is 20x20 with 9 ft. ceilings. The size of the shop was limited by the building code in regards to lot size. Right now i would not change anything. The only tools I have plans to add are a Drum sander and work bench. Room will be tight but not uncomfortable.

Doug Murray
02-19-2008, 12:54 PM
Nice shop, Sean. I'm in the middle of insulating my shop and wondering what to use for wall covering. It appears you used OSB for walls and ceilings. Would you do it again?

Doug

Philip Giangarra
02-19-2008, 1:39 PM
Doug,

I just studded and insulated my new shop, and then covered it all with OSB. I really like the look of the OSB, and I can screw light weight hangers right to the walls. Of course, heavy brackets still require hitting the studs, but that's easy to find because all the screws are visible (unlike sheetrock). Also, I've already hit the walls while moving wood, and no damage.

I haven't covered the ceiling insulation yet. I'm not sure what I will use.

Phil

Sean Troy
02-19-2008, 4:01 PM
Nice shop, Sean. I'm in the middle of insulating my shop and wondering what to use for wall covering. It appears you used OSB for walls and ceilings. Would you do it again?

Doug
I like the OSB