PDA

View Full Version : After market bandsaw fences

Charles Wilson
02-19-2008, 8:38 AM
I was about to go with the Kreg unit after reading about what people said about it in a previous thread. I recently got a Woodhaven catalog and noticed that they had a fence as well. Anyone had any experiences with this fence system?

Thanks,
Chuck

Charles Wilson
02-19-2008, 11:02 PM
bumpity-bump

Any takers?

Chuck

Jared Cuneo
02-19-2008, 11:06 PM
The Kreg is a good unit. I do have one complaint however. The set screw on the fence is right in line with the path of the fence so it actually pushes the work piece up about 1/32

I get lazy and forget to trim this piece off, but other than that, its a great fence. Easy to align, easy to remove, etc.....I resaw with it all the time....and forget the resaw fence, its not necessary....If you align the fence properly, you get better result with a featherboard and the fence itself....

JC

Jim Dunn
02-19-2008, 11:06 PM
Charles I bought the Kreg fence and like it alot. I'm not familiar with the Woodhaven unit. That said the Kreg is leaps and bounds above the stock fence that came with my Rikon.

Ben Cadotte
02-19-2008, 11:34 PM
I almost ordered one for my saw the other day. Until I found a better deal on a couple routers.

I have not heard the complaints about the Kreg fence. Will have to do some searching. I want to get one in a couple months time.

James Hart
02-19-2008, 11:51 PM
The Kreg is a good unit. I do have one complaint however. The set screw on the fence is right in line with the path of the fence so it actually pushes the work piece up about 1/32

I get lazy and forget to trim this piece off, but other than that, its a great fence. Easy to align, easy to remove, etc.....I resaw with it all the time....and forget the resaw fence, its not necessary....If you align the fence properly, you get better result with a featherboard and the fence itself....

JC

How tall of a piece have you tried this with? I can see it up to about 5, maybe 6 inches, but it strikes me that you'd want a higher fence if you were resawing more than that.

Jim