PDA

View Full Version : My newest gloat =).

Chris Pasko
03-10-2004, 11:42 PM
I just came home with this little beauty! What do you guys think? BTW its a 38" single drum!

http://home.comcast.net/~barb933/drum.jpg
http://home.comcast.net/~barb933/sanderdrum.jpg

Here is my bench dog table and lift, dont bust on my shop =), its a dissaster while I am trying to figure out what to do with this floor.

http://home.comcast.net/~barb933/benchdog.jpg

Chris Pasko
03-10-2004, 11:43 PM
[QUOTE=Chris Pasko]I just came home with this little beauty! What do you guys think? BTW its a 38" single drum!

QUOTE]

OH and I didnt get a shot of it, but I just recieved my lovely marking knife from Dave Anderson, VERY NICE!

John Miliunas
03-11-2004, 12:09 AM
Hey Chris, sure that's BIG enough, now?! :rolleyes: Congrats! Sheesh...I thought I was doing pretty good with my cantilevered Delta! More power to 'ya, big guy! Guess if I had the space and $$$, I would get one, too! Speaking of space, when are you adding on?! You keep bringing toyls like that home, you're not going to leave yourself any real estate to layout or assemble projects! :D

Got the Dave Anderson Special, huh? She's a beaut, ain't she? Some guys have more talent in their pinky than I do in my whole body and I believe Dave is one of those guys! Enjoy the new schtuff! :cool:

Jim Tobias
03-11-2004, 12:18 AM
You will love the Woodmaster. I have had that machine for 3 years and you will use it for more than you think. With some 80 grit, you can use it to surface figured wood without worrying about tearout. I typically use 2 different grits(one grit-120 on one end of the drum and a finer grit-180 on the other half). It sure takes a lot of the "FUN" out of sanding.

Jim

Rob Littleton
03-11-2004, 12:24 AM
struth mate, thats a little corker......when i grow up, i wanna get one of those.......

nice one

Roger Barga
03-11-2004, 1:37 AM
Green with envy in Seattle (no wait, that's just my coat of winter moss). You've got a great setup going there...

cheers

Terry Quiram
03-11-2004, 7:27 AM
Chris

I own a 38" woodmaster and love it. You will to. Congradulations.

Terry

Ted Shrader
03-11-2004, 8:13 AM
Chris -

Really nice. Good haul.

Enjoy,
Ted

Kent Cori
03-11-2004, 9:46 AM
Dang! The only thing that ever follows me home is a stray cat or two. I'm envious too.

In the spirit of providing a helping hand to a fellow SMC woodworker, if you need more room in your shop while you do the floor I'll be happy to store any of your tools for you. :D

Tyler Howell
03-11-2004, 11:04 AM
Chris......... :mad:
It's time.......... :mad:
There's an awful lot of stuff going into this shop!:rolleyes:
It's time to see something coming out of it.
Pictures Dude. What are you building/making/rehabbing. We can be patient only so long.;)

Chris Padilla
03-11-2004, 12:15 PM
I vote no more gloats from Mr. Pasko unless it is a "something I built" gloat! Here, here!!

:D

Chris Pasko
03-11-2004, 12:39 PM
Heheh, you guys kill me =). I agree I do have to get to cranking! I haven't really done much, I have been building an aquarium stand, but its nothing to show off or brag about. Just an oak ply box =). I wanted to make it fancy, but no time. In fact still not done.

One day, I will actually make something I promise hehe.

Tyler Howell
03-11-2004, 12:40 PM
[QUOTE=Chris Padilla]I vote no more gloats from Mr. Pasko unless it is a "something I built" gloat! Here, here!!

Careful Mr Padilla :eek: some of us are living our tool lives vicariously through Mr Pasko. :rolleyes: We just want to turn up the heat a little for product and a complete shop tour.;)

Chris Pasko
03-11-2004, 4:34 PM
Update:

I am in negotiations with my father to get the 36x40' shop back =). I told him he can have the 24x24' shop I just redid for his stuff, if he gives me the 40x36' for my stuff hehe. My pulling point is the 24x24 is finished aside from floor (which doesnt bother him), and the 36x40 needs to be finished wired, air lines plumbed, insulated, and heated/air conditioned. So far its looking good =)....I may have my baby back after all! WOOHOOO!

John Miliunas
03-11-2004, 5:29 PM
Update:

I am in negotiations with my father to get the 36x40' shop back =). I told him he can have the 24x24' shop I just redid for his stuff, if he gives me the 40x36' for my stuff hehe. My pulling point is the 24x24 is finished aside from floor (which doesnt bother him), and the 36x40 needs to be finished wired, air lines plumbed, insulated, and heated/air conditioned. So far its looking good =)....I may have my baby back after all! WOOHOOO!

Uh Chris, at the rate you're having stuff "follow you home", I'm afraid you'll soon be cramped in the 40x36!!! :D :D :D Good luck with that! I think that would be an ideal size. Unless, of course, you keep getting....Awwww..Never mind! :cool:

Chris Pasko
03-11-2004, 5:39 PM
=), baby steps, first its the 36x40, then its the 20' addition on the side hehe.

Hey BTW John, the fellow I got this drum sander off of had a WH moulder. He loved it, and I fell in love with it as well =), he showed me some really nice moldings he made with it, and man that is one nice machine. I would love to get my hands on one! (Have to start looking now darnit =)).

Jim Becker
03-11-2004, 6:18 PM
Nice buy, Chris. Good sander! (Dang, that lathe looks familiar...:D)

John Miliunas
03-11-2004, 7:41 PM
Hey BTW John, the fellow I got this drum sander off of had a WH moulder. He loved it, and I fell in love with it as well =), he showed me some really nice moldings he made with it, and man that is one nice machine. I would love to get my hands on one! (Have to start looking now darnit =)).

Chris, why was he getting rid of that nice sander? Maybe he might be getting ready to get out of WW??? You *may* have a good lead for that WH, after all! :D :cool:

Chris Pasko
03-11-2004, 10:54 PM
Chris, why was he getting rid of that nice sander? Maybe he might be getting ready to get out of WW??? You *may* have a good lead for that WH, after all! :D :cool:

Thanks Jim =)!

John, the reason he got rid of the sander is because there in front of my was a digital 50" wide belt seco sander =). This guy wasnt playing around, and man was that thing a beaut. I was trying to get him to load that one up instead, but it didnt work =). So unfortunately I have no lead for a nice WH =(.

John Miliunas
03-11-2004, 11:14 PM
John, the reason he got rid of the sander is because there in front of my was a digital 50" wide belt seco sander =). This guy wasnt playing around, and man was that thing a beaut. I was trying to get him to load that one up instead, but it didnt work =). So unfortunately I have no lead for a nice WH =(.

Ahhh...Too bad he didn't mix them up, heh? :rolleyes: Oh well. Hey, you do realize that WH is still in business, making new ones everyday! Of course, you'd get a red one as opposed to circa: 70's rust, like mine, but what the heck! :D :cool:

Mark Singer
03-11-2004, 11:24 PM
Chris,
Every day is Christmas! Nice haul!

Chris Pasko
03-12-2004, 2:04 PM
John, yes, I know I try not to remember =), I dont need that just yet so the temptation of getting it is less hehe.

Thanks Mark, maybe one day I can actually use this stuff hehe.