PDA

View Full Version : Saw Identification and Pricing

Jozef Kaslikowski
02-19-2008, 7:02 AM
I have found a used Delta 2HP cabinet saw for sale but I have no idea what I should offer for it. The gentleman is asking $750 but that seems high when comparing to new Grizzly equipment. This would be my first major tool purchase so I am wary.

scott spencer
02-19-2008, 7:39 AM
It appears to not be Unisaw, and also appears to have a jetlock fence, is right tilt, has a nice switch....not sure what model it is. Looks in good shape. $750 would be fair if it were a 2hp Uni with a better fence. Any other pics? Any accessories included?

Mike Heidrick
02-19-2008, 8:35 AM
I am betting that is a 36-752 Right tilt arbor saw with CI wings mounted on the table table. It is the first Delta hybrid from around 1993.

I used to own this modle saw with a unifence and two fences for it and a router table setup in the extension table that I added. Paid $500 for mine and that came with a mostly complete Shopsmith, shopsmith power station, JDA AccuMiter, and Porter Cable 7518 router in the extension table (table was warped so I made a new table). Friend wanted that stuff out of the garage.

Here are my Pros/Cons about this saw that would affect value and price to me:
Cons:
Table mounted trunnions.
One power drive belt.
Smaller trunnions than the Unisaw.
Cabinet under the left which limits the use of sliding tables.
Smaller hand wheels than a Unisaw
Dust collection port needed added to mine

Pros:
Exact same cabinet footprint as Unisaw
All exterior Unisaw accessories seem to fit
Very solid design
Same Quality cabinet as the Unisaw
2HP motor cut every wood I ever needed it to

I sold mine for $800 (just the saw) just before buying the SS a couple years ago if that helps. I made sure the guy knew it was NOT a unisaw. It is a great modle of saw if you do want it but there are other great saws out there. I would offer less than $500 or look for a used Unisaw or other true cabinet saw.