PDA

View Full Version : Kids Stools

Charles Wilson
02-18-2008, 4:52 PM
I have been looking around the site and have seen some pics. SWMBO says she would like one for the kiddies in the downstairs bathroom. Anyone post some pics of theirs?

Chuck

Lee Schierer
02-18-2008, 5:00 PM
I made one for my grand kids.
http://home.earthlink.net/~us71na/footstol.jpg
The construction is pretty simple. I used pocket hole screws. The stringers are attached to the legs with two screws on each end and four screws hold the top to the legs. It is 16 X 10 X 7.5 high. Make sure it is wide enough tat it doesn't tip easily when they are standing on it.

Here's what the bottom looks like.

J.R. Rutter
02-18-2008, 6:56 PM
This is a bit complex, but sure looks nice when it is done. I made half a dozen of these when I was starting out, but it was too labor intensive to sell. Might be a good candidate for the Domino or Dowelmax. This one has through tenons. The sides are half lapped. The steps are convex towards the back. The front edge of the top step is right over the front edge of the foot, so it is very stable...

Charles Wilson
02-21-2008, 10:37 AM
Lee,

How did you hold the components together at 90 degrees while drilling the pocket screw holes and screwing them in?

Chuck

Lee Schierer
02-21-2008, 12:00 PM
Lee,

How did you hold the components together at 90 degrees while drilling the pocket screw holes and screwing them in?

Chuck
All the parts were drilled flat and unassembled. I used a couple of pipe clamps to hold the legs and rails together while the screws were put in. The top was attached last, centered up and held in place with two c-clamps.

Prashun Patel
02-21-2008, 12:06 PM
Ditto on Lee's advice to make it wide. I have one that's on the narrow side and it's prone to tipping.

Jim Podsedly
02-21-2008, 2:35 PM
Here are a couple of stools i made for my twin nephews.

Charles Wilson
02-21-2008, 4:06 PM
Where did you get the plans? Draw ups? Etc.

Chuck